Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst state you've been in due to substance abuse

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Yes to all those.

So if you had a daughter who fell In With wrong crowd, got onto drugs, pimped out by her boyfriend and died you'd think "good riddance"? Just like that picture you posted of the lovely lass with the dog who got hooked. You see, your viewpoint just doesn't stand up to scrutiny anymore does it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well it's obvious - if you get them from the doctor, Good. If you get them from a geezer down the pub, Bad.

What about a veterinary surgeon?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
So I guess you think speeding, using the mobile while driving etc is all OK.

I think you've missed my point. I'm not saying all law is rubbish but clearly over the last 100 years we have seen the repeal of a number of laws that human morality and decency has seen off.

I'm from a school of, if someone is in full knowledge of the facts, aren't hurting anyone else and have considered the risks for themselves; each to their own. I a'int judging anyone. Even significant elements of the police are now advocating change in this area.

Some form of decriminalisation/ legalisation is coming in the next 10-20 years. Money talks and at the moment there are some baaaaaaaaaaaad people getting rich out of the developed world's desire to get high.

To answer your actual point both things you mention are bad as the lives of others are being risked. Do I think people should go to prison for them? No.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
SO if the doctor gives you a gram of coke, that is absolutely fine?

How old are you? It's clearly very relevant to this discussion.

Pssssst. I think he's being sarcastic.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Well of course they are. This is a thread for people boasting about taking illegal drugs. Would you expect any other response?

Because NSC threads are always one-sided, with nearly everyone agreeing on the same point eh!?

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Well done.

What most of the morons on here

I.E. You. Why are you even on this thread? Such a ***** old git, taking the moral high ground on a subject you know **** all about.

Without my postings (and a couple of others) this thread would be far from balanced.

Why does it need to be balanced, you prat? This thread is not for you, why do you still reply to it? All you're doing is winding up people (very successfully I might add). God help the poor sods who have to sit next to you at the Amex. Jesus, what a laugh a minute you are. :nono:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Because NSC threads are always one-sided, with nearly everyone agreeing on the same point eh!?

Because the mainstream media's portrayal of drug use isn't one sided at all?

In TV land you have a puff of a joint and you end up strung out on smack 10 minutes later everytime. There's millions of regular cannabis smokers in this country, I never see their reality portrayed accurately in the media.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Any waaay. Back to the point.

I've taken just about everything known to man an have a myriad of stories about my experiences.

Ketamine. Was so far in the K hole that I broke my leg and had no idea I'd done it. Met Jesus though so probably worth it
LSD. Went so mad that I thought I'd gone back to my childhood and was being pursued by giant spiders who were going to kill me. That wasn't worth it.
Charlie. Not a big fan. I like sleep too much
Speed. DO NOT RIDE A BIKE whilst speeding. Effing terrifying!
Nitrous...huffing an entire huge canister meant for medical use will take you to places you probably don't want to go. That said, you realise there is no death. I also experienced verifiable proof of astral projection allowing me to see and hear conversations in distant places which later proved to be utterly accurate. I could do without the ghost sightings.

Anyway. There it is. Judge away straights! Drugs are gateways to alternate realities but can be very dangerous.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Why does it need to be balanced, you prat? This thread is not for you, why do you still reply to it? All you're doing is winding up people (very successfully I might add). God help the poor sods who have to sit next to you at the Amex. Jesus, what a laugh a minute you are. :nono:

Yeah, Uncle C. U've had a good innings, maybe sit the next few plays out. I agree with most of what u say but I wanna hear more mental stories :)

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
If anyone happens to know where Uncle C sits then PM me. I'm gonna buy the seat next to him, then smash 2 grams of pure before KO. I'm sure we will get on like a house on fire.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well done.

What most of the morons on here seem to ignore is that I have never said I am against individuals taking drugs. Some way back I did say that as far as I was concerned they could take them till it kills them and good riddance.

What I am against is the gratification of drugs on a public forum frequented particularly at this time of year by youngsters. If it pursuades just one kid to have a go that's one too many.

Without my postings (and a couple of others) this thread would be far from balanced.

So this is the post that kicked a lot of what was to follow off.

On the one hand you take a hard lined stance of let it kill them and good riddance, to then showing real compassion by looking out for the youngsters and persuading even just one kid not to give it a go.

It's a real juxtaposition of ideals. I think you're perhaps right with your second point, the thread does have an element of gratuitous celebrating of being off ones head that could prove appealing to someone toying with the idea, however just as much as that, the young are attracted by equal measure by being told not to do something, or people of authority telling them something will kill them while smoking cigarettes and quaffing a good chablis - they pick up hypocrisy the yoof.

Anyway, you seem to have your hands full, don't feel obliged to respond to this one - more of an observation really. I prefer the caring you looking out for the wellbeing of the young and potentially vulnerable than the feeling 'good riddance' you, to those who unfortunately die of whatever substance they found themselves unable to avoid.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If anyone happens to know where Uncle C sits then PM me. I'm gonna buy the seat next to him, then smash 2 grams of pure before KO. I'm sure we will get on like a house on fire.

Can I join in?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I do find this debate interesting.
I have never smoked a cigarette or taken drugs in my life ever and I am a very occasional drinker.
But in my youth very much into club music and the clubs in Brighton.

But I never once was even interested in taking drugs, and got offered plenty.
I do find it weird that someone would take them to have a good time, Its like you cant have a good time without them ?

I mean i was having proper top top nights out, and maybe just drank 4 pints over the night from 10pm until 4 am.

All people are different clearly. I guess I just dont get it.

And no doubt some will say....you have never taken them how do you know.... but for me its just a case of Why ?

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
DMT - no addiction - drags you out of the framework - and gives a lot of perspective - makes you appreciate - you are here a short time - and that time is yours to live, love and explore - don't do what the mainstream hammers into you - you are unstoppable.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
But still good riddance when I'm gone right? Because I had a glass of wine. I'm just fiiguring out where I'd stand if you were King of the Universe.

If you drink too much and choke on your own vomit in your sleep then its good riddance I'm afraid.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

Trust me you wouldn't want to sit next to me, I am old and smell of wee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here