Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official 2014 CPFC managerial farce thread

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i was reading on the way home that Mackay wants to run a club top to bottom with little board interference, and wondered just how long that'll work out with Parish.

apparently collapsed before i'd even got the Evening Standard :lolol:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
It now looks hilarious that last night Mark Bright was being feted on Talksport for his inside knowledge, claiming that the final details of a managerial deal were being tied up overnight (last night) with a formal announcement of the new manager today. He then proceeded to give a detailed analysis of Mackay - while not ruling out Sherwood either, so clearly hedging his bets there. So much for being so ITK because he is a confidant of Steve Parish..............yeah right.

If Bright is so ITK then he should know there were 'issues' surrounding Mackay's appointment and not to so publicly dig himself a hole. Yet another example of why Bright isn't the sharpest pundit in the business. Good work!!!

:lolol::lolol::ffsparr:

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Genuine question here.

Did he?

Yeah he genuinely did. He tried to say it was payback of some sort for what seasidepillock did. Either way two charities have lost out because of two Pillock's from both clubs, one thing that I found a but shitty is that only one BHA fan jumped down footfetish's throat.
The bet was with dougie if I remember right

Yeah he genuinely did. He tried to say it was payback of some sort for what seasidepillock did. Either way two charities have lost out because of two Pillock's from both clubs, one thing that I found a but shitty is that only one BHA fan jumped down footfetish's throat.
The bet was with dougie if I remember right

OK, I'll wind my neck in about that now then.

Poor, very poor.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Genuine question here.

Did he?
He did Hillian . I had two bets with foot soldier/ big belly or whoever he calls himself nowadays . He basically told me to to fu ck off when both of mine came in . I've gotta go cause a new appointment is imminent :thumbsup:

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
It now looks hilarious that last night Mark Bright was being feted on Talksport for his inside knowledge, claiming that the final details of a managerial deal were being tied up overnight (last night) with a formal announcement of the new manager today. He then proceeded to give a detailed analysis of Mackay - while not ruling out Sherwood either, so clearly hedging his bets there. So much for being so ITK because he is a confidant of Steve Parish..............yeah right.

If Bright is so ITK then he should know there were 'issues' surrounding Mackay's appointment and not to so publicly dig himself a hole. Yet another example of why Bright isn't the sharpest pundit in the business. Good work!!!

:lolol::lolol::ffsparr:

Allegedly it was on until earlier today when Vincent Tan threatened to submit a dossier of bad conduct by MacKay to the FA and Prem League. Wished the little Bond Villain would pee off.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
[tweet]502180927838375938[/tweet]

Didn't he turn it down last year too ? Can't be bothered to check the 2013 thread for the twenty or so who said no before they went back to Pulis.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I posted yesterday that I was not happy about him joining us, something does not sit right with me the way him and Moody apologised to Tan. It really makes me wonder if they were upto anything untoward.
As for his managerial expertise, look at the money he spent. Once you start to look past the fact that Tan is an egomaniac, you see that he actually backed Mackey extremely well.

Hoddle turns them down for a 2nd time.

Meanwhile - there could be more to the Malkay story - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/malkay-mackays-crystal-palace-offer-4081081

Allegedly it was on until earlier today when Vincent Tan threatened to submit a dossier of bad conduct by MacKay to the FA and Prem League. Wished the little Bond Villain would pee off.

Why should Tan pish off? If he has something on Mackay then he has a right to show it. Remember when everyone was saying poor Malky, treated terribly by Tan and he did such a good job as well, next thing you know Mackay and Moody are calling Tan the best bloke ever etc. Now I'm not saying that there was definitely some impropriety, but after the amazing job that Malky is supposed to have done, why have other clubs not snapped him up. Would love to know the full story, aside from that I simply don't think he is that good a manager.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk

I guess we shouldn't be too surprised at Tan's antics. Must be an interesting character to do business with and worse still if you cross him..... I almost have some sympathy with you.

Meanwhile and further to my earlier point: Surely if Mark Bright is a close confidant of Steve Parish then before he started making pronouncements last night on national radio and wallowing in the plaudits he should have known of: a) the bad blood between Cardiff and Palace over the spying allegations and resulting sanctions which have failed to placate Tan b) the widely held suggestion that there was more to the Mackay / Tan relationship that could well become toxic and c) therefore there was / is every chance that Palace further stirring the pot with an attempt to appoint Mackay might just prompt a reaction that could cause the deal to fall over, and d) possibly trigger an escalation in the legal spat between the Clubs? On top of that I imagine Mr Tan might even be enjoying the discomfort caused to both Mackay and Palace plus to any pundits daring to predict he could simply be unveiled as your new manager. So it all seems a bit naïve of Bright to pre-empt all of this.

It should make interesting entertainment to see where the Mackay story goes from here. Meanwhile you need a manager and I wonder if Parish now secretly wishes he had hung on to Pulis after all, especially if this episode ends up costing Palace a significant sum in legal fees and further sanctions.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Talks with Mackay have broken down. Apparently the sticking point is the goal music, drum and pigeon flying around the ground prior to kick off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here