Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sam Baldock 'Saga'

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I hope this new bloke means the Baldock deal is dead in the water and Cotterell can carry on with his imagined bidding war.

I'd still like to sign Baldock. If not now then maybe in January when his market value is less. CMS contract up at the end of this year. If Baldock is still scoring goals lets bid again. He's much younger than CMS. Could be great value.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think the opposite. I think he is integral to Sami's plans - his tireless running is pulling defences all over the shop and creating space for the others to exploit. New contract in the offing I reckon.

i agree....watching the Leeds game i felt as though CMS had his mojo back...and continued with it against Bolton

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I think the opposite. I think he is integral to Sami's plans - his tireless running is pulling defences all over the shop and creating space for the others to exploit. New contract in the offing I reckon.

I totally agree but why is it only you, me and a minority that see the way he opens space. Very intelligent forward play, it's not all about scoring goals.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I totally agree but why is it only you, me and a minority that see the way he opens space. Very intelligent forward play, it's not all about scoring goals.

Don't worry - I'm sure Sammi can :thumbsup:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I feel that Colunga MAY turn out to be the bargain of the summer and will spell the end for McSmudger. His first touch has always been League 1.

Is Colunga a main striker ? I was under the impression he was a second striker type sitting just behind ( where Crofts played on Saturday)

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Is Colunga a main striker ? I was under the impression he was a second striker type sitting just behind ( where Crofts played on Saturday)

I agree. I think he'll play where Crofts played on Saturday. Didn't suit Crofts really. Think he'll play further back if he's in the team.

I still think we'll get a new centre forward to compete with CMS and O'Grady but won't mean the end of CMS. As discussed elsewhere, he suits Hyypia's style.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
i agree....watching the Leeds game i felt as though CMS had his mojo back...and continued with it against Bolton

I know people use CMS and "headless chicken" in the same breath, but I thought on more than one occasion on Saturday that his tireless running was making Bolton players hurry things and make mistakes - booting it in to touch rather than controlling and passing. I always have been a fan, and he was great on Saturday.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Baldock has contributed nothing to the Bristol City side so far this season, no goals, no assists and in the matches i have watched him he has been completely unimpressive. One good season in league one does not warrant paying a million, particularly when he looked so poor in the championship the last time around. hopefully we concentrate on getting an actual star striker.

Like Buckley last year then?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
please be true

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
There is a post by Kikaikai (sp?) in the other striker thread who mentions Baldock? I mention him as I remember he had some inside knowledge on a previous deal.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
There is a post by Kikaikai (sp?) in the other striker thread who mentions Baldock? I mention him as I remember he had some inside knowledge on a previous deal.

Think you are confusing him with Gazza the Mugger

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here