Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia - "You don't know what you're doing"?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
if hyppia doesn't know what he's doing, he might actually have health issues. Hope he's okay.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
He's clueless I'm afraid no idea what it's about in this Division.
Sacked from his last job after losing the last 11 games , and never managed in this country at all.
Playing in the Premier League means **** all I'm afraid
Another Brighton cheapo bargain basement bucket option.

He lost 6 of his last 11 games in the Bundesliga. Carry on.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
He lost 6 of his last 11 games in the Bundesliga. Carry on.
I think he means that he didn't win one game in his last 11 matches.Could be wrong though.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Spoke to German in laws regarding Hyypia and his time in Germany. Apparently he did well there when they had a set up of him and a guy called Lewandowski running the team, but when it was left to just Sami , that's when things went pear shaped.

I dont understand why he's trying to play this different role for the full backs , who are arguably at the moment our weakest part of our depleted team.

Do you play a formation and expect your players to adapt?
Or look at what players you've got and build a formation around them?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Along with 'he doesn't understand English football', your comment puzzles me.

What does it mean? 'No idea what it's about in this division'.

You scout the opposition. You have a gameplan to combat that and a gameplan of your own. I'm struggling to see how this special division requires someone special to manage in it.

Poyet and Garcia had no experience of the Championship or League One, but both faired well. Hyppia is two games in with an incomplete squad. We lost with ten men at home and narrowly lost away.

What is this 'division about'?
Like most divisions not losing too many games I suppose! :thumbsup:

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
To be fair to the guy he's not had a lot to work with has he? The guts of the team have been ripped out with any talent we had disappearing fast, he's had woeful signings coming in, he's trying to teach a new way of playing with players who just are not up to it, he loses a key player for three games in the first match, and one of our more creative players (Stephens is still out), one of our most promising wingers is out (March), his number two got nicked at the last minute and he has to put up with Nathan Jones next to him on the bench!

I think we can only decide once he has had at least half a season with his players. I really feel the club have let him down at the moment.

Completely agree with this post particularly final paragraph. I have been watching Albion long enough to realise the the issues that we have at the moment. There is no doubt there are concerns at the moment that need to be addressed. Who knows if Sami is capable of addressing these, hopefully he is and we just have to wait and see if he can, if it be for better or worse

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I would suggest the main reason the subbing of CMS was booed, was because we had a kid taking his place, plying his second championship game, with no goals to him name and that's the best option we got. Quite frankly it's pathetic, with what we cough up up every month.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Here's what my cat had to say about Samis appointment - I concur:
View attachment 57433

image.jpg

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

EddieReader

Aug 15, 2010
Blimey this is depressing reading! Some valid points on all sides, gut feelings is we are in trouble. But we are all fans and have the right to criticise, we should of sorted the Ward deal out long ago and we are clearly not offering the going rate. How can you replace an 8 million player with a 500k player. I despair at the thought relegation after where we have come.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

What makes you think people know nothing about football after judging certain players after a couple of games ?
Does it annoy you that they might just know a lot more about it than you do and you don't like that fact.
A lot of people said Ryan Harley was shite after a couple of games and were totally right.
If you indeed know anything at all about football then you can tell whether a player is good enough for your team or not.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
What makes you think people know nothing about football after judging certain players after a couple of games ?
Does it annoy you that they might just know a lot more about it than you do and you don't like that fact.
A lot of people said Ryan Harley was shite after a couple of games and were totally right.
If you indeed know anything at all about football then you can tell whether a player is good enough for your team or not.

The same Ryan Harley that people loved after scoring on his debut? Please.

There are people that know more than new that's correct (see, you can get things right). I'm not arrogant enough to think I am the font of all knowledge. but those people who do know more are likely to know that you can't judge a player a) based on not ever seeing him and b) after a handful of games. You're an intelligent man, you should be able to see that writing a player off before they've had a chance to prove themselves is stupid? Or am I wasting my time here?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The same Ryan Harley that people loved after scoring on his debut? Please.

There are people that know more than new that's correct (see, you can get things right). I'm not arrogant enough to think I am the font of all knowledge. but those people who do know more are likely to know that you can't judge a player a) based on not ever seeing him and b) after a handful of games. You're an intelligent man, you should be able to see that writing a player off before they've had a chance to prove themselves is stupid? Or am I wasting my time here?

Disagree. Football is littered with examples where you can tell someone is shite within 5mins. Many have played for us but George Weahs cousin also springs to mind.

My gut feeling, both players left, players come in, our recruitment policy and appointment of Sami is that we are in MAJOR trouble this season. Might be wrong. But my gut is considerable and when it gets a feeling, it's usually right.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Disagree. Football is littered with examples where you can tell someone is shite within 5mins. Many have played for us but George Weahs cousin also springs to mind.

My gut feeling, both players left, players come in, our recruitment policy and appointment of Sami is that we are in MAJOR trouble this season. Might be wrong. But my gut is considerable and when it gets a feeling, it's usually right.

I take your point, but Ali Dia is an extreme example. Fair enough, I'll accept that people will write players off early on, but I think two games is too early to do so- 6 or so crap performances and yeah, fair game. But some are writing off signings before they've even played- that is beyond madness.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I take your point, but Ali Dia is an extreme example. Fair enough, I'll accept that people will write players off early on, but I think two games is too early to do so- 6 or so crap performances and yeah, fair game. But some are writing off signings before they've even played- that is beyond madness.

Well, you can generally tell if we've taken a player in his prime and he's only a squad player at Exeter that he's unlikely to cut the mustard...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here