Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Agree, not ideal everywhere but it has been well documented that the NHS in Wales is the worst......but Labour will kid you that they are the champions of the NHS.....obviously not.

The whole NHS argument by labour was a false one, they tried to move onto that ground as it's the ground where they do better.... But much of what they said was made up rubbish and they hoped people are stupid enough to believe it without critical enquiry.

For 1 they proposed the least in funding of 2.5 billion, but not 1p of that was earmarked for the current 8 billion shortfall, It was for some new Time to care gimmick made up by labour as a need when the Stevens report demanded nothing more than money to meet shortfall. Even this funding was alleged to come in part from mansion tax which experts and lord mandelson said would not raise the money.

labour failed big time before in South staffs, they're failing now big time in Wales and they think people are to stupid to understand that.

Labour created a false argument.on what they saw as best territory for them, but many can see straight through it.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
A
Worth quoting

"The even uglier reality for Miliband is that the New Labour era was a golden age for the PFI. The modern PFI is the child of John Major’s Conservative government, but it was adopted and thrived under Tony Blair and Gordon Brown. Between 1997 and 2008, 90 per cent of all hospital construction funding was under PFI agreements, which paid for 75 per cent of all hospitals built."

Shhhhhh, you might upset a few on here. That is the issue for Labour though, do thry drift leftwards and come back to the centre left.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The whole NHS argument by labour was a false one, they tried to move onto that ground as it's the ground where they do better.... But much of what they said was made up rubbish and they hoped people are stupid enough to believe it without critical enquiry.

For 1 they proposed the least in funding of 2.5 billion, but not 1p of that was earmarked for the current 8 billion shortfall, It was for some new Time to care gimmick made up by labour as a need when the Stevens report demanded nothing more than money to meet shortfall. Even this funding was alleged to come in part from mansion tax which experts and lord mandelson said would not raise the money.

labour failed big time before in South staffs, they're failing now big time in Wales and they think people are to stupid to understand that.

Labour created a false argument.on what they saw as best territory for them, but many can see straight through it.

Exactly, obviously the electorate did not buy it. Still only another 20 years of rent and everything to the builders to pay for the Queen Alexandria in Portsmouth and The Royal Childrens Hospital in Brighton....amongst the others. Plus 3 schools that i worked on, many more obviously.
What do they reckon 78% interest payments.......jeez.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
You've well and truly avoided that option. In future, stop relying on extremely marginal opinion polls, and just think about either the shy Tory or late incumbent swing, or both.

Hopefully the one thing that this election has done has utterly destroyed the concept and credibility of opinion polling during the campaign. Opinion polls used to be an interesting side bar to the campaigning but now they utterly dominate. They drive the news agenda every day, they shape the tactics of the parties and they suck all the creativity and content out of the message. Rather than play the long-game and build a coherent theme through the campaign the main parties have an horizon that stretches no further than the publication of the next rash of polls. That is bad enough in itself, but when the data you are using to dictate your policy message is continually returning false positives then its just a complete mess.

In future I hope the parties disregard the polls and simply focus on communicating policies that are true to their values and in-tune with what the electorate want. Attempting to win a mandate based on 1100 people in Worcester being phoned up by YouGov during Eastenders every night seems lik a shit idea to me.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Let me make sure I've got this straight. Every prediction and assessment you have made has proved to be not just wrong - but spectacularly wrong - yet you call others dumb?

The reason you get it so wrong every time is because your analysis is never based on an assessment of what is actually happening, but instead what you wish would happen - based on your own narrow-minded prejudices and an inability to grasp that this isn't the 1970s anymore. You're still obsessed with a long-gone notion of the working classes and where people were educated. The country your politics are stuck in is a place of the past.

You're just a Pound Shop Ben Elton.

This is a QUALITY post and the Ben Elton comment is pure Gold......oooopps don't mention the Gold,they don't like that.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Hopefully the one thing that this election has done has utterly destroyed the concept and credibility of opinion polling during the campaign. Opinion polls used to be an interesting side bar to the campaigning but now they utterly dominate. They drive the news agenda every day, they shape the tactics of the parties and they suck all the creativity and content out of the message. Rather than play the long-game and build a coherent theme through the campaign the main parties have an horizon that stretches no further than the publication of the next rash of polls. That is bad enough in itself, but when the data you are using to dictate your policy message is continually returning false positives then its just a complete mess.

In future I hope the parties disregard the polls and simply focus on communicating policies that are true to their values and in-tune with what the electorate want. Attempting to win a mandate based on 1100 people in Worcester being phoned up by YouGov during Eastenders every night seems lik a shit idea to me.

Well there were enough plums on here that bought it.........:thumbsup:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Well there were enough plums on here that bought it.........:thumbsup:

To be fair, I bought it too. I couldn't believe that that many polls, conducted so frequently, could be wrong, plus they all came back with the same result. Up until the publication of the Exit Poll at 10pm on Thursday I had been thoroughly convinced that that the vote share would be 34% for both the Tories and Labour and it would just be a question of how the seats would shake out.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
As I posted on another thread the problem with LOUD Lefties like yourself you can't debate but resort to throwing insults when others question your stance.

Posh Eton boys. Interesting lets have a quick look at the last few decades and the leaders.

Tory

Heath State grammar
Thatcher State grammar
Major State comp
Hague State grammar
Duncan Smith State second
Howard State grammar
Cameron Private

Labour

Wilson State grammar
Callaghan State second
Foot Private
Pillock State second
Smith State comp
Liar Private
Beckett Private

Seven leaders each and Labour have WON 3-1 on having posh people leading their parties.

My mistake I missed Brown State.

This thread just keeps on giving. Back of the net.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
To be fair, I bought it too. I couldn't believe that that many polls, conducted so frequently, could be wrong, plus they all came back with the same result. Up until the publication of the Exit Poll at 10pm on Thursday I had been thoroughly convinced that that the vote share would be 34% for both the Tories and Labour and it would just be a question of how the seats would shake out.

I did state a few times before the day that when voters got in that booth they would remember the 13 years, and the ending of Labours term.......the cross then went where their head was.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Like I said in and earlier post. Quietly but surely winning. I was in London today outside parliament. Already a protest about the election result. Get over it you idiots the nation has decided. We didn't want your labour and snp coalition. The English public certainly put a stop to that.

A real classy protest by the looks of it. Shocking.

image.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Some people on this thread have really shown themselves in a very bad way, especially our resident journo

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Reinforcing my points about the nasty approach from some on the left towards seemingly everyone on the right.

A war memorial. Day after VE Day. Spectacular.

[tweet]597101706502119424[/tweet]

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Nothing classy about them at all. The usual anarchist types you now the ones. They profess to hate the establishment but are only too pleased to take benefits of it. Only scum would do that to a war memorial on VE Day.:down:

Seconded. I daresay the usual groups got the ball rolling.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Top post. Although a few things:
-- the only news agenda they drive is in the press, who depend on them for their sales. I was struck by the extent to which the broadcast media pretty much ignored them
-- you're spot on about what the parties need to do in campaigns. Labour needs to construct a vision that resonates with the electorate, and merely use the election campaign to reinforce it and drive it home.
-- the one poll that was (pretty much) right was the exit poll. This is all the more surprising given that the sample was only 2,500 (as compared with all those pre-election opinion polls which, when taken cumulatively, sampled tens -- if not hundreds -- of thousands.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
-- the one poll that was (pretty much) right was the exit poll. This is all the more surprising given that the sample was only 2,500 (as compared with all those pre-election opinion polls which, when taken cumulatively, sampled tens -- if not hundreds -- of thousands.

The exit poll was 22,000.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here