General Election 2015

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
d148cdda84dc7820886c79d0519aef45.jpg

Proud.

Brilliant. Deluded, but brilliant

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Me too. I care for my disabled wife, who has had superb treatment from the NHS. I'm now returning to employed employment after many years self employed so I can have a steady income. The carers allowance is very low and hard to exist on even with other benefits, I would however point to the fact it's relative as the cost of living in the south is so much higher. There's people been living on benefits up north for years that manage comfortably and even go on holidays, something I can only dream of.

From first hand experience, I spent some time in Burnley helping a friend renovate houses, the attitude up there beggars belief. The local job centre requested all those on job seekers to report three times a week. Uproar, they nearly went on strike! That meant they had to stop doing their cash jobs to report to the job centre to look for a job.

They see it as a right to claim benefits irrelevant of circumstance. That mindset has to stop.

Benefits are for those in need not a career. The true social justice is to stop hard working tax payers money going on these freeloaders.

I knew someone up north who was made redundant when his foundry closed down. He'd worked in heavy industry all of his life. When he went to the job centre, he volunteered to join a scheme for carers. Youngsters waiting to sign on were telling him how easy it was to stay on benefits. 'When you go for interviews, and they ask why you left your last job, just tell them you were asked to leave because you'd been thieving.'

He was horrified, did the carers course and went to work in a council care home with dementia patients. He was brilliant at it.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
THIS.

Maybe the strident and vocal nature of this minority view is why the social media and opinion polls have overstated the Labour support?

Never underestimate the determination of the quiet man.

Opinion Polls have absolutely nothing to do with social media whatsoever. They actually just ask people their views/opinions/intentions in a structured way. They are not just someone sitting at a desk trying to work out what is trending on twitter!!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
But he's won now. And almost unheard of, for the (main) governing party to gain seats.

As for unlucky New Labour happening to be on watch, by 2008 that government was on a vast, over-borrowed money, spending spree, and add the huge off balance sheet debt of PFI/PPP deals signed-off by New Labour. All giving the UK a vast debts base when the crisis came. New Labour also gave their new friends the banks 'light touch' supervision, since much regretted and now reversed, which led to reckless lending and rigging of markets.

Glad to see someone has already corrected you.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I know it's Lord Ashcroft... blah blah etc... but this is interesting...

Ashcroft National Poll (24-26th April):

CON 36% (+2)
LAB 30% (-)
UKIP 11% (-2)
LDEM 9% (-1)
GRN 7% (+3)

Interesting indeed... and one of the few that actually got anywhere near the final result... perhaps more by luck than judgement!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I think i'm correct in stating that the NHS is bad in Wales, and it is run by Labour.

it is and you are not right
archaic maybe
we were there for 9 years and it done us OK, our GP's were great, here in Eastbourne I changed my GP because he was fqcking useless, and the hospital here is great, but then so was the one in Llanelli, just a little old and tired

ps .............and all prescriptions were free ( mine was anyway as I am diabetic)

Last edited:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
as maybe but..............
http://www.newstatesman.com/staggers/2014/07/save-nhs-labour-must-face-ugly-truth-pfi

The mouthpiece of the left is for once correct.

Worth quoting

"The even uglier reality for Miliband is that the New Labour era was a golden age for the PFI. The modern PFI is the child of John Major’s Conservative government, but it was adopted and thrived under Tony Blair and Gordon Brown. Between 1997 and 2008, 90 per cent of all hospital construction funding was under PFI agreements, which paid for 75 per cent of all hospitals built."

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
it is and you are not right
archaic maybe
we were there for 9 years and it done us OK, our GP's were great, here in Eastbourne I changed my GP because he was fqcking useless, and the hospital here is great, but then so was the one in Llanelli, just a little old and tired

ps .............and all prescritions were free ( mine was anyway as I am diabetic)

Perhaps it was better when you lived there eh. This professional may differ with the Labour run Welsh NHS.
From Wales Online.

'I wouldn't want to be an NHS patient in Wales', says top doctor in blistering attack on the state of public health care.
Dr Dai Samuel, chair of British Medical Association's Welsh Junior Doctors Committee, painted a bleak picture of "horrific conditions" faced by staff, and the "substandard" care being offered to patients.
Dr Dai Samuel, chair of the British Medical Association’s Welsh Junior Doctors Committee, painted a bleak picture of the “horrific” conditions currently faced by doctors in hospitals across the nation, saying they were only able to provide “substandard” care which is compromising patient safety.

And he said unprecedented workloads and high levels of admissions had left staff morale at “rock bottom”.

Dr Samuel told WalesOnline: “It’s pretty horrific and it’s been like it for months. The level of care being given to patients is compromised – it’s substandard.

“You have families walking out because they have been waiting three hours, but there’s only so much you can do – there’s only so many of us and only so many beds.

“It’s not just seeing a patient with one problem, they have a complexity of needs at a time when there are less doctors.

“You have situations where you have four doctors for 50 or 60 patients which means staff are going to get to breaking point. And this is not just in A&E.
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/doctors-leader-hits-out-welsh-2518952

Also take a look at the YouGov poll as well re England, Scotland and Wales NHS.

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Perhaps it was better when you lived there eh. This professional may differ with the Labour run Welsh NHS.
From Wales Online.

'I wouldn't want to be an NHS patient in Wales', says top doctor in blistering attack on the state of public health care.
Dr Dai Samuel, chair of British Medical Association's Welsh Junior Doctors Committee, painted a bleak picture of "horrific conditions" faced by staff, and the "substandard" care being offered to patients.
Dr Dai Samuel, chair of the British Medical Association’s Welsh Junior Doctors Committee, painted a bleak picture of the “horrific” conditions currently faced by doctors in hospitals across the nation, saying they were only able to provide “substandard” care which is compromising patient safety.

And he said unprecedented workloads and high levels of admissions had left staff morale at “rock bottom”.

Dr Samuel told WalesOnline: “It’s pretty horrific and it’s been like it for months. The level of care being given to patients is compromised – it’s substandard.

“You have families walking out because they have been waiting three hours, but there’s only so much you can do – there’s only so many of us and only so many beds.

“It’s not just seeing a patient with one problem, they have a complexity of needs at a time when there are less doctors.

“You have situations where you have four doctors for 50 or 60 patients which means staff are going to get to breaking point. And this is not just in A&E.
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/doctors-leader-hits-out-welsh-2518952

we can all find these problems even at the RSCH I waited in the Kidney unit with an appointment for thee hours last month and the reason given was lack of doctors and nurses and on the bus home met two ladies who had operations cancelled for the same reasons
the analogy might be the Amex lovely building but not much going on where it should be

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
UKIP win Thanet Council :ffsparr:

That will one to watch. I hope they're reasonably educated. Someone was telling me about the two UKIP Lewes bods and how they were struggling to understand and comprehend various council procedures.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
we can all find these problems even at the RSCH I waited in the Kidney unit with an appointment for thee hours last month and the reason given was lack of doctors and nurses and on the bus home met two ladies who had operations cancelled for the same reasons
the analogy might be the Amex lovely building but not much going on where it should be

Agree, not ideal everywhere but it has been well documented that the NHS in Wales is the worst......but Labour will kid you that they are the champions of the NHS.....obviously not.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
That's what I posted on this thread at some point in the early hours. It's a mixed stream of...

- Which country can I move to?
- You stupid ****ers have no idea what you've done.
- I'm moving to Scotland.
- Evil, selfish, nasty *******s.
- Well played Murdoch.

Nothing from any of the glorious 37%. As before the election, they're all just quietly going about their business, propelling their party to a majority.

Like I said in and earlier post. Quietly but surely winning. I was in London today outside parliament. Already a protest about the election result. Get over it you idiots the nation has decided. We didn't want your labour and snp coalition. The English public certainly put a stop to that.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We will see soon enough now, won't we. Let's just hope that we don't end up with someone in office but not in power, the worst result possible.

You've well and truly avoided that option. In future, stop relying on extremely marginal opinion polls, and just think about either the shy Tory or late incumbent swing, or both.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here