Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FFP penalties..

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I don't think it will because there is a lot of money to be had. Why would they not act on several £m's in fine revenue?
I get your point,but experts will be employed by these clubs to find faults.
If it was that big a deal and the fear was put into clubs,no club would be splashing out like there's no tomorrow.The fear isn't there because nothing major will happen to these clubs.

Time will tell i guess,but none of us know how exactly how serious the implications are,let's see what happens about QPR as that will give us a rough indication into how serious they're are.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I get your point,but experts will be employed by these clubs to find faults.
If it was that big a deal and the fear was put into clubs,no club would be splashing out like there's no tomorrow.The fear isn't there because nothing major will happen to these clubs.

Time will tell i guess,but none of us know how exactly how serious the implications are,let's see what happens about QPR as that will give us a rough indication into how serious they're are.

I think the reason why it is not feared by all clubs is because there are owners out there who are happy to pay the fines out of their own pocket. If they are going to overspend by £20m they might as well pay a further several million through penalties. There are only so many loopholes they can use, and then it's up to the FL to decide how much a club is cheating.

I sort of see it as a tax for people who have too much money.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I think the reason why it is not feared by all clubs is because there are owners out there who are happy to pay the fines out of their own pocket. If they are going to overspend by £20m they might as well pay a further several million through penalties. There are only so many loopholes they can use, and then it's up to the FL to decide how much a club is cheating.

Yes that's the nail on the head...risk losing £7 million to possibily gaining £50 million + on promotion!
If you have a wealthy owner £7 million is peanuts,sadly we can't afford a £7 million fine and that's the big diffrence.This factor alone tells you what a joke the FFP is....The best punishment is demotion or huge points deductions etc even if you get promoted to the prem,but the premier twats won't allow that will they?

Looking forward to seeing what a joke this will be :)

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yes that's the nail on the head...risk losing £7 million to possibily gaining £50 million + on promotion!
If you have a wealthy owner £7 million is peanuts,sadly we can't afford a £7 million fine and that's the big diffrence.This factor alone tells you what a joke the FFP is....The best punishment is demotion or huge points deductions etc even if you get promoted to the prem,but the premier twats won't allow that will they?

Yep I prefer the points deduction, but I am also curious about how the player embargo will effect things. These clubs may be able to pay the fines, but I am not too sure if they can cope with the player embargos if they continue for many transfer windows. I think that will be key, one window is survivable, 2, 3 or 4 might see them struggling.

Looking forward to see how it pans out either way :)

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Tip - Use the search option and your questions will be answered, don't start yet ANOTHER thread on FFP!!!

Pure laziness and ineptitude.

Is it necessary to be rude to other supporters who are opening threads on here?
There's always a number of threads that don't interest me...I just ignore them.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yep I prefer the points deduction, but I am also curious about how the player embargo will effect things. These clubs may be able to pay the fines, but I am not too sure if they can cope with the player embargos if they continue for many transfer windows. I think that will be key, one window is survivable, 2, 3 or 4 might see them struggling.

Looking forward to see how it pans out either way :)
Its all to washy washy for most of us to work out...time will tell :)

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Where are their accounts? They only need submitting for FFP purposes by December, so I doubt that anyone knows an exact figure yet.

The number of meetings that the FL have had about it and the strength of feeling amongst many clubs in the FL suggests to me that the PTB are serious. We will see, of course, but I do expect penalties to be dished out and chased up.

And then lengthy challenges in court aka Bosman because it restricts this that and the other blah blah, it will fall flat on its face because the F A will not have the balls I'm afraid

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The FFP will crumble because they're spineless....To many loopholes that complicates things.

Where are the loopholes as I presume you have studied the details enough?

Doesn't the money have to come out of the club accounts and then that will affect a clubs compliance with Premier League FFP (although that does seem far more flexible with regard to owner contributions).

Problem is you can't demote a team that is no longer in your organisation however, I agree about points deductions. They should include it as a sort of suspended sentence in addition to the fine so that if a club gets promoted they get fined and if they get relegated sometime in the future they start their Championship season with a, say, 30 point deduction so almost guaranteeing they wont' get promoted in their first season back and possibly threatening them with relegation. However, I suspect that the sanctions had to be severe enough to be a deterrent but not so punitive that they wouldn't get voted in.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Doesn't the money have to come out of the club accounts and then that will affect a clubs compliance with Premier League FFP (although that does seem far more flexible with regard to owner contributions)..

I don't know, but payment by the owner could be classed as a 10 year pay back interest free loan to balance the fine out over several seasons, or something like. Either way the FL will want it paid no matter where it comes from. Then they can argue about the fine detail later.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The other inane thing about it is that all fines go to charity, how stupid is that it thought it was meant to assist the teams that complied

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Tip - Use the search option and your questions will be answered, don't start yet ANOTHER thread on FFP!!!

Pure laziness and ineptitude.

Obviously a lot of laziness and ineptitude going on. I often wonder had people obsessed with "tidiness" on line get through the day.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Last year we failed the FFP requirements quite spectacularly - everyone seems to infer that was fine because there were no penalties for doing so - seems a little hypocritical now to be calling for penalties to be enforced.

If we were the type of club that conforms with agreements made, irrespective of whether or not there were punishments for not doing so, we would be in a better moral position to criticise other clubs.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It continues to astound me with the lack of fact that posters continue to use in their arguments.

The penalties are easily understood as is the criteria. You fail to comply and depending on your position within the domestic league structure then there's a different penalty applied.

Finally some rather ignorant posters refer to the FA. What the hell has it got to do with them.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
And then lengthy challenges in court aka Bosman because it restricts this that and the other blah blah, it will fall flat on its face because the F A will not have the balls I'm afraid
FA?

Really do please read up

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Last year we failed the FFP requirements quite spectacularly - everyone seems to infer that was fine because there were no penalties for doing so - seems a little hypocritical now to be calling for penalties to be enforced.

If we were the type of club that conforms with agreements made, irrespective of whether or not there were punishments for not doing so, we would be in a better moral position to criticise other clubs.
No we didn't.

Losses made were total not discounting those allowed under FFP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here