Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ward deal off... Paul Konchesky

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Well according to David Burke when he did an interview for seagulls player they have at least four players in each position lined up, so won't be an issue.

Koncheskey would be a good replacement for one year. 31 starts for a team who cruised to the title.

Anyway whoever says he is underwhelming is completely DELUDED.

Anyone who thinks he is good is completely deluded. 222 premier league starts, does that mean he's gonna be good forever? We're talking about now, not what he's done in the past. Maybe if we don't get him, we could try and get Francis Benali!!!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Anyone who thinks he is good is completely deluded. 222 premier league starts, does that mean he's gonna be good forever? We're talking about now, not what he's done in the past. Maybe if we don't get him, we could try and get Francis Benali!!!

Amazing. Leicester played a complete donkey and got one of the highest all time championship point records.

He's out of our league if anything. We would be the SMALLEST club he's ever played for.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Maybe Ashley Cole would reconsider going to Italy if we asked him nicely and offered him £10k per week. :yawn:

Why does a rumour in the Mirror prompt SO much angst?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Played with Sammi at Liverpool?

Jesus, how many players 'played with Sami at Liverpool'? Steve Highway? Emre Can? Sami was there until 1999, Konchesky arrived 11 years later in 2010.

Do I really have to stare at Konchesky's ugly bald head all season? Come on Wardy!

No Sami signed in 1999 left in 2009

Konchesky didn't sign till Sami had left anyway

You might want to double check your dates there, think Sami was there a while longer than '99

Arrived in 1999 - left in 2009, konchesky signed for the Reds in 2009, I was only one year out !

DOH!
sorry sorry sorry, lack of sleep. Apologies to [MENTION=14785]twowheelsbest[/MENTION]
Someone put me out to stud.
Was there really a one year difference? Wow.

Time for a nice cup of tea.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And two England caps :dunce:
Two half time friendly appearances? He's hardly Wayne Bridge or Matt Upson is he?

Nevertheless I'll admit that the 31 appearances last season is fairly impressive, and maybe I've got it wrong about the likelihood of him coming here. But is he likely to take a one year deal here, considering he still has a year on his Leicester contract?

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Amazing. Leicester played a complete donkey and got one of the highest all time championship point records.

He's out of our league if anything. We would be the SMALLEST club he's ever played for.

My Leicester supporting mate thinks of Koncheskey as a joke, doesn't even take him seriously as a footballer. By far their worst player. I don't understand why you think he'd be so good?

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
I hope this isn't all part of a game - calling a bluff?

Konchesky I'm sorry to say is too old. :(

We could miss out on all our 'big' targets if we are not careful. The Argus says tonight is not the finished article - but what about our first game in just over a week, we need some to sign on the line very soon!

It is a fair trip from Devon, I am so looking forward to the Sheffield Wed game, the club have a great deal of work to do before then though!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Two half time friendly appearances? He's hardly Wayne Bridge or Matt Upson is he?

Nevertheless I'll admit that the 31 appearances last season is fairly impressive, and maybe I've got it wrong about the likelihood of him coming here. But is he likely to take a one year deal here, considering he still has a year on his Leicester contract?

Wayne bridge was on £90k a week.

We won't get that lucky EVER again.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
My Leicester supporting mate thinks of Koncheskey as a joke, doesn't even take him seriously as a footballer. By far their worst player. I don't understand why you think he'd be so good?

Okay, well for comparison.

I work with two wolves fans who say he's one of their worst player in many years.

I work with about ten Irish people. They say he's their worst player in last 5 years.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So we can expect Ward to sign imminently? Smoke and Mirrors?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
If we sign konchesky instead of Ward & the extra. &150k out if £8m rolling in then we are in for a terrible season
PK is an appalling player, has one poor foot and the worst positional sense of any defender I've ever seen. If SH is going to drag in old mate rejects like this and no goalscorer uk top we 're looking at relegation fodder

I don't think it makes us relegation fodder, he failed to get Leicester relegated last year. However I do agree that we could do a lot better. PK would be a poor signing in my opinion. I really cannot I understand what Ward's/Wolves' problem is, just get the deal done already.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Bt0o5LhIAAEJJaM.jpg according to the argus stephen ward is still on our radar

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Although in a years time he walks away as a free agent, he may well get a signing on fee of 100-250k with his new club. That would be an additional consideration.
Or he could get injured at the end of the season, be getting no wage at all and have no club helping him recover.

DOH!
sorry sorry sorry, lack of sleep. Apologies to @twowheelsbest
Someone put me out to stud.
I don't think so buddy. Your lineage needs to end here.

Time for a nice cup of tea.
You were posting here sans tea! :facepalm: Amazing that any real words came out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here