Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Approx 5,000 tickets sold v Southampton

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I'd say for a Thursday night and with no big signing to get people excited it is a pretty good number.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Anybody planning on nipping into the Amex to buy a ticket in person, I'd strongly advise against it unless you've got a couple of hours to kill. I went up there this morning about 11am and had a pretty grim Ticket Office Experience. The previously super-speedy and efficient ticket office operation was no more, hopefully temporarily. Tickets for the Saints game were on sale from West Stand reception area. Think of your worst Post Office queue experience, then double it. There were two ladies sat behind desks, one who's sole function was to tell anybody who asked that she wasn't selling tickets. Or apparently doing anything else either. The other lady WAS selling tickets, as well as corporate packages and all sorts of stuff that involved a lengthy process. I was there for 20 minutes and she served precisely two customers. The elderly gentleman in front of me only wanted to pick up two tickets for tomorrow. He was fuming worse than I was. Had planned on having a leisurely pint and panini in Dick's Bar, but by the time I finally managed to be allowed to do my 2 minute ticket buying transaction, I'd had quite enough of leisurely service for one day.

And... RELAX :smokin:

Is Mr Barber aware that your 'matchday ticket purchasing experience' was not all tickety-boo, and I wonder what the 'way forward together' might be?

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
If it had been on a Saturday I may have made the effort but a Thursday night no thanks.
Are we expecting a similar crowd for Cheltenham?

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Seeing a friendly where no-one really cares who wins is filed under 'it's something to do unless you have something better to do'. If it was Barca where we can watch Messi jog around the pitch I'd probably go. Southampton? Nah.

There's another 23 games to go to in 10 days time (woohoo) so I'll save sitting on my lovely blue seat until then.

This.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Is Mr Barber aware that your 'matchday ticket purchasing experience' was not all tickety-boo, and I wonder what the 'way forward together' might be?

The 'way forward together' might be for him to have to stand in that queue, maybe wearing a suitable disguise, and discover for himself just how completely shit it is.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I'm going.. And why not? Haven't been since the Derby game, so will be glad to get back in there. Unfortunately can't sit in our normal seats but we'll live.

Going to go early, visit the club shop, purchase a kit for the boy and have a couple of pints. Nice afternoon/evening out.. Although like a few people have said, it's a bit of an arse being a Thursday night as for me taking the boy means I've had to take 2 days off work.

Last edited:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I bought 5 tickets today using the print at home option. I was extremely impressed how user friendly and easy it was.
It's a shame about the poor service at The Amex for you, but my experience was 10/10.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Very good IMO - 7k!!!!!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Can't wait to get back to the Amex tomorrow night.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
First and probably only time in 1901 for me. Free tickets from my wifes company so would be rude not to.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
On holiday so glad it's a low key friendly.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just a thought buy ST or first 5 home games tickets and get a free admission to this friendlty. Would the possible increased home game sales ofset their lost revenue for ticket sales.for the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here