Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£10m for Ulloa!!!! **Official that Leo has gone**

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Liverpool agree £8.5m fee with QPR for Loic Remy, I think we've hit the jackpot with Ulloa's fee.

I just saw that, incredible, as is Sunderland paying £14M for Borini

I thought the world had gone mad ... now I know it has!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A decent Championship striker doesn't always translate into a decent Premiership striker. 1-0 to the Lizard as it stands...

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Oh great, once Barbers sorted the finances out we'll be able to afford a loan player from Bognor.

If weve got the biggest gates as some keep bragging then either we shouldn't be a selling club or be able to command top dollar for our players.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A decent Championship striker doesn't always translate into a decent Premiership striker. 1-0 to the Lizard as it stands...
I'd imagine that's at least 3-0 to the lizard going into injury time.

Fingers crossed Leo is a massive success in the Premier League, I don't imagine anyone wouldn't wish him well, and then Tony will have his hand out again for the a sell on percentage.

Back of the net!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh great, once Barbers sorted the finances out we'll be able to afford a loan player from Bognor.

If weve got the biggest gates as some keep bragging then either we shouldn't be a selling club or be able to command top dollar for our players.

It may have escaped your attention, but every club in the Football League, and the vast majority of those in the Premier League, are "selling clubs". If Chelsea, Man City or Man United come waving the credit card, then even the likes of Arsenal and Spurs bend over and take the money. Then, when Real Madrid and Barcelona call, Chelsea, City and United themselves become selling clubs.

"Shouldn't be a selling club" is a deluded argument.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It may have escaped your attention, but every club in the Football League, and the vast majority of those in the Premier League, are "selling clubs". If Chelsea, Man City or Man United come waving the credit card, then even the likes of Arsenal and Spurs bend over and take the money. Then, when Real Madrid and Barcelona call, Chelsea, City and United themselves become selling clubs.

Seaford Town < Rochdale <Swindon < Preston < Leeds < Aston Vanilla < Spurs < Arsenal < Man Utd < Real/Barca and the chain ends there.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Albion's record in Leo's absence last year:

During autumn injury:

P 9 W 4 D 3 L 2 Scored 14 goals

Form table position 5th

Overall in his absence:

P 12 W 5 D 4 L 3 Scored 17 goals

Form table average: 6th-8th

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Satisfactory indeed. :smokin:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I seem to remember that there was a clause where Almeria would be due some sell on money if he was sold.

Can anyone confirm this, and if this is the case, would something like 10-20% be a fair estimate?

The Argus, on January 19 2013, reported that Albion had restricted Almeria to a small sell-on fee, believed to be 5-10%.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Tony can buy £500 x 16,000 season tix for friends & family or like Sports Direct/Waitrose give us all a free pie and a pint as paid up members

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

One which I didn't make, my comment "or be able to command top dollar for our players. " would be clearer if i had put ."...or we should be able to.....".

I cant be the only one fed upp with seeing our players go for peanuts?

Serious question. why can a club like Southampton command top wack for players and get it? Even when in Div 1, and yet we and palace even who are all about the same size get laughed at? Ulloa and Zaha seem to have bucked the trend but its still a valid question?

Maybe being full of it is the way to give the right expectations of what to bid? Like Poker? sometimes Deluded arguments serve a purpose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here