Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£10m for Ulloa!!!! **Official that Leo has gone**

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Too Slow for PL
Fantastic offload, if that price is to be believed.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Is this not the answer to the "it's not happening/we are behind the curve/no ambition etc etc" moaners: get this in the bag then you know what you have to spend. There are still 6 weeks left in the transfer window to splash the cash, and ensure 14/15 FFP is in the bag.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Excellent.

Enough for Ward, a keeper, a decent striker, and Lingard ( loan ).

Maybe even another midfielder.

Exactly what I was thinking. O'Grady will score 25 for us next season. to score so many for a relegated Barnsley side last season it looks a punt well worth taking. With the emerging youngsters and the above looks like a very good squad.

TNBA

TTF (the 1/2 full pint man)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Don't the club carry out some sort of preliminary screening of the questions/questioners to avoid drivel from the spackheads?

Probably, but i guess they can't filter the 'live' ones, only the ones sent in beforehand.

Anyway 8m if true (conflicting amounts from different places) is phenomenal work from TB and PB; plus addons if he does well there means that we've got a bit more to invest in a few players. Plus, should O'Grady come good then we've had a fantastic window.

Exciting to see what the next 5-6 weeks bring.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Who is right here? The Leicester Mercury is still reporting an initial fee of just over £7m this morning.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-open-talks-Brighton-striker/story-21660879-detail/story.html?

They could be reporting this figure because the national press and Sky were quoting this sum yesterday. The undisclosed figure for O'Grady is widely reported as being £500k but one article suggests it could be £750k with add-ons. The £8M upfront price for Ulloa should be correct otherwise it would have been corrected by now or officially declared an undisclosed deal.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
If true, £8 million (possibly rising to £10 million) would be an incredible deal for the club. I really rated Ulloa but that fee is just mind blowing.

For all the moaning on here, we've so far replaced Bridcutt with a free transfer who would have played in the Champions League if he'd stayed at his previous club, Barnes with a player who scored 16 goals in the Championship last season and only cost £500K allegedly and Upson with another experienced central defender on a free transfer. Added to that CMS is back and looking fit and Crofts is back in training (hopefully Stephens will be too).

Just need to replace Kuszczak, hopefully get Ward back, add a couple of attacking players and sign Ulloa's replacement and it could be a great season. Hopefully we can sort these out over the next couple of weeks and be ready for the start of the season.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Sorry to sound negative but how much of that do you think will be put back into the squad?

if it wasn't for TB we wouldn't be in the amex or have a world class training ground. i trust him to always try to do the right thing by us. having said that, i wouldn't blame him if he recoups a small part what he has invested in bha.
it has always annoyed me when owners have gambled with football clubs futures.
TB is imo doing all he can to look after our future.
try being positive and a bit optimistic - you never know you might enjoy the albion a bit more!!!!

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
So that leaves...

2M for a LB (or less if we get Ward!)
2M for a Goalkeeper (or 1M for Stockdale :0)
2-4M for a new striker
1M for O'Grady

+ change to spare :)

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Just shows how Fkd up modern day football is when players of Ulloa's standard sell for this type of money , i bloody love the bloke and gutted he has gone but in reality Leicester have been taken to the proverbial cleaners . 10 million quid :lolol: mental

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I said we were asking for £10M (but expected us to cave at £8M) some time ago, and now being proved right. Hope the t0ssers who said we should take the first bid are ready to eat their humble pie.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oh, and simply fantastic business by TB et al. Now, let's spend a good proportion of the Leo dosh on the 5 quality players we still need urgently.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Crazy money, well done to the club.
Good luck to Ulloa, think he will do very well

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I don't think I've seen "10 Million Pounds" and "Brighton And Hove Albion" in the same sentence before.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
People saying 8-10mil is robbing Leicester are probably right in so much as the amount of money is far higher than most would have rated Ulloa. But it might not be as good value when other players fees that we are linked with are hiked. Where it will give us a bit of room now is for personal terms. So if Ward really does want to come back then we should now match his Wolves wages no problem.
So all in all a very good deal but we need to make the maximum use out of it.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I have a feeling Leicester have just bought their very own Fellaini, albeit Leo's not as good. Time will tell.
What do I know, I'm a Fleet Manager.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
A great deal for all concerned, and if it doesn't go well for Leo maybe we can have him back a year later for about 1 million as its stated he liked living in Brighton :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here