Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good bit of business in my view

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You know what.... There will be.... I do not understand the panic on here, we have a good record of Hero's

Ward, Nelson, Zamora, Knight, Murray, Ulloa and more....

I do still believe CMS will come good.

Nogan?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Farewell Leo.png

:(

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
good luck Leo
gonna be a hard act to follow
but once the premiership comes calling there is only one likely outcome
with good English strikers being so expensive it might mean looking abroad or
a premier league loan as the smartest move

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I think we will be a selling club in the future. It seems to be the only way to keep the wolf from the door, by brining players through the developement route, and then selling them for a good profit.
Two or three of those a season, and the 8 Mill deficit is instantly wiped out, and the other bills are covered and a small profit is generated to cover TB's loans to the club, and he starts to get his investment back.
But, as we all know, the big bucks are in the Premier League, and hopefully we will show the ambition to try and get there very soon!

There are probably only 3 or 4 clubs in the world that arent selling clubs.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Using the £7m from Ulloa;

O'Grady in for £500k
Another striker in for £1-2m
Lingard on loan
Ward (not sure if we'll need to pay a fee)
A goalkeeper for up to £1m
Another defender (Youngster that can play CB and LB on loan?)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Absolutely, you can't hold the player back or turn that money down, its incredible business.

Just got to spend it wisely.

Exactly you cannot turn down that sort of money and also I understand there is a very small sell-on fee as well

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ulloa always looked great when he was up for it, but in those games when he wasn't, he looked really, really poor.

If he wanted a move to the Premier League and the Albion refused to let him go, we'd have an entire season of the really really poor version, paying him decent wages, and watching his transfer value drop by the month.

Selling him now for the best price we could possibly get makes total sense IMHO. Good luck, Leo.

If O'Grady signs and isn't just using us to get a better deal from another northern club, then it's another step forward. He's no Jon Obika at least. I'd imagine there would be designs on at least one more striker in addition, which probably puts us in a decent position when all's said & done.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Ulloa always looked great when he was up for it, but in those games when he wasn't, he looked really, really poor.

If he wanted a move to the Premier League and the Albion refused to let him go, we'd have an entire season of the really really poor version, paying him decent wages, and watching his transfer value drop by the month.

Selling him now for the best price we could possibly get makes total sense IMHO. Good luck, Leo.

If O'Grady signs and isn't just using us to get a better deal from another northern club, then it's another step forward. He's no Jon Obika at least. I'd imagine there would be designs on at least one more striker in addition, which probably puts us in a decent position when all's said & done.

THIS re Ulloa. Really pleased he has gone with 6 weeks to spend the booty!

Albeit on a lower level O'Grady stinks a little of the Grabban 'signing', can't remember the last time that one of our signings was on Sky Sports news before the contract was signed and it actually ended up happening. Have a feeling his agent is using our interest to flush out the interest from Sheffield Utd, or, A.N. Other professional Northerner's club.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean

Nail firmly hit on the head.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde

O'Grady in for £500k
Lingard on loan

You can add £4m for the sale of Bridcutt + Barnes.

A creative, attacking midfielder £1-2M

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

O'Grady in for £500k
Lingard on loan

But that doesn't account for wages - it would be fair to assume that Ulloa is on a fair wedge, but enough to cover 4 or 5 players wages? I doubt it. Having said that, it would be nice to think that the majority of the money would be re-invested into the squad.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
But that doesn't account for wages - it would be fair to assume that Ulloa is on a fair wedge, but enough to cover 4 or 5 players wages? I doubt it. Having said that, it would be nice to think that the majority of the money would be re-invested into the squad.

Presumably there was some budget for transfers and wages without the Ulloa move. I'm pretty sure we could accomodate another four or five players, as long as they aren't all top earners on £22k a week

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Wont they also have to buy Ulloa out of his contract or is that included in the excess of £7million ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here