Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Adam Clayton saga - now officially signed for Middlesbrough

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I'm really pissed off. I saw signing Clayton as a statement of intent by the club, proof that they had aspirations of improving upon last seasons league position. In reality we appear to be light years away from competing with the likes of Stoke, Palace and WBA. I'm sure we'll be okay in a few years time, when the academy starts to produce a conveyor belt of quality players. In the meantime we must strive to retain our place in the championship with a nucleus of division one players. Not going to put bums on seats, is it ?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Yep on the performance so far he has been. Just makes me wonder why we spend all this time chasing these players we cannot afford, instead of spotting up and coming talent from the lower leagues.

Probably unfair to judge him on 40 minutes football for his new team but thought Boro looked weaker in the middle after he came on. Looked small as well.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Probably unfair to judge him on 40 minutes football for his new team but thought Boro looked weaker in the middle after he came on. Looked small as well.

Yep, I'm sure he is a good player, but anyone any less than good shouldn't be playing football really. There must be lots of other up and coming good players out there.

Maybe we rely too much on the software that spits out potential signings because all the other clubs are given the same list to choose from. Instead of competing for the cream at the top, but we should be looking at the cream at the bottom.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

no its not unfair - f@@K him - clearly he is absolutely shite if he doesn't want to play for us and as for that twunt Ward - he isn't fit to lace Chicksen's boots. bar stewards.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Who?
Don't need him.

For all we know as soon as we got a sniff Holla was interested coming we cooled on Clayton , he skipped medicals in the hope we'd come back, we said thanks but no thanks, he went to Boro in tears, and we get a Dutch pass master.

That's what I'm going to believe anyway....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was pleased as I scrolled down today's results to see Clayton's 'boro lose 1-0 at home in front of 14,000 people.

I hope he enjoyed those 21,000 empty seats.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
I was pleased as I scrolled down today's results to see Clayton's 'boro lose 1-0 at home in front of 14,000 people.

Don't think Middlesbrough have won a league game since Clayton signed

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

:lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Pay day yesterday.
I doubt he noticed.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I got the impression he wanted to sign for us but we didn't put an acceptable offer so I'm sure he wishes he was playing at the Amex today. He certainly would be an improvement on Crofts in midfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here