Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tour de blabla

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Being stuck behind them is only half the irritant, its having to look at some middle aged mans fat arse in lycra, thats the real crime.

Definitely a bit of a lycra kinky thing going on there. Can see the point of wearing it to reduce wind resistance if you're built like a whippet, but not if you're as wide as a house. But as victimless a crime as the fat belly in polyester football crime. IMHO, like.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Definitely a bit of a lycra kinky thing going on there. Can see the point of wearing it to reduce wind resistance if you're built like a whippet, but not if you're as wide as a house. But as victimless a crime as the fat belly in polyester football crime.

Yeah, but it's not about wind resistance, it's about comfort. Cycle 50 miles when not wearing Lycra shorts with a decent pad, expect serious chaffing and saddle sores.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Being stuck behind them is only half the irritant, its having to look at some middle aged mans fat arse in lycra, thats the real crime.
I think you d'oth protest to much.

I think you're a little confused and curious about those stirrings you feel in your tighty whiteies, every time you see a MAMIL.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah, but it's not about wind resistance, it's about comfort. Cycle 50 miles when not wearing Lycra shorts with a decent pad, expect serious chaffing and saddle sores.

Having done the London-Brighton twice on a borrowed mountain bike, I found the must-have comfort accessory was a jelly seat. two in fact, one over the other. Hands up, yes, I did combine that with lycra shorts. But in my defence they were very cheap, plain black, and I wore a pair of Albion shorts over the top. Still felt uneasy about resorting to lycra tho :blush:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The WUM's tour de blabla thread is neck and neck with the official thread for strange athletes, 15 pages each!

My crusade is in TOP GEAR! [emoji605][emoji594][emoji592][emoji595][emoji597][emoji590][emoji598][emoji600][emoji602][emoji604][emoji603]

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Interesting, I always thought it was an Amercanism. Does that apply to all "z"'s, like in organize, utilize, revitalize and deputize etc?

I can't profess to being an expert on the matter. Realise/realize was the only example I read on a BBC cricket match thread when lots of people picked up on it. I assume that would be the case.

This is a blog entry about the topic.

http://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2011/03/ize-or-ise/

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I can't profess to being an expert on the matter. Realise/realize was the only example I read on a BBC cricket match thread when lots of people picked up on it. I assume that would be the case.

This is a blog entry about the topic.

http://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2011/03/ize-or-ise/

Cheers, I have always avoided the correction that Word gives me whilst thinking bloody Americans. I think I may have to familiarize myself with this z thing and just go with it. :shrug:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The OP will love the extra cyclists on the road following the Tour De France coming to Britain and the tour of Britain coming to Sussex :lol:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The OP will love the extra cyclists on the road following the Tour De France coming to Britain and the tour of Britain coming to Sussex :lol:

I'll be out on the roads don't you worry![emoji350]

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles

I saw one only a few hours ago. Overweight fifty something with the full kit on and Sky lycra shorts. He was cycling on the road (when the cycle lane was next to him ) along the seafront in east worthing when the lights turned red. He then proceeded to undertake all the patient motorists who had stopped at the crossing and went straight through the red light without a care in the world! This behaviour is disgusting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here