The establishment and historic child sex abuse

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
the victim groups? they seem to be doing a pretty good job of finding problems.

Many of the media quotes attributed to 'the majority of the victim groups' were not actually from them but mis-information, the majority of such groups are supportive of the inquiry and want it to get going. The stories that 'these groups' had withdrawn support was never backed up by actual quotes from their representatives.
Not to say they all support it but it's not correct the majority have withdrawn support

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...cidentally-release-names-online-10011992.html

I'm not sure this was an accident.

Vaz started his career as solicitor for Richmond Upon Thames Borough Council (Elm House is in the council boundary, as is Grafton Care Home.) He then became senior solicitor to the London Borough of Islington (Islington Council has long accused of having turned a blind eye to child abuse in the early 90's, it's not inconceivable that this could have been going on in Vaz's time (85-87))

The first seat in Parliament that Vaz ran for was Richmond and Barnes (1983) where, you guessed it, both Elm House and Grafton Care Home are situated. Vaz claims that he knew nothing of the place's reputation, despite, it being widely reported in 1982 before a d-notice stopped that reporting.

Vaz also in 1991 had the following to say about Greville Janner in Parliament (this is recorded in hansard - http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/commons/1991/dec/03/contempt-of-court.) In effect he wanted to change the law so newspapers couldn't report on allegations of child abuse that were surfacing around Janner.

Mr. Keith Vaz (Leicester, East)

I first met my hon. and learned Friend the Member for Leicester, West (Mr. Janner) when, at his invitation, I came to the House with his son to see how Parliament operated. I would not have believed that a few years later I would have been selected as the prospective parliamentary candidate for Leicester, East, and would be his neighbour.

I am delighted to be here today to give my hon. and learned Friend my full support. My hon. Friend the Member for Leicester, South (Mr. Marshall) cannot be here today because of his parliamentary duties in Northern Ireland, but he joins me in believing my hon. and learned Friend to be the victim of a cowardly and wicked attack by people who simply did not care what damage they did to him or to anyone else. I too wish to extend my good wishes to my hon. and learned Friend’s wife and family, and to all his friends, who I know have stood by him during these terrible months. They have shared that terrible burden.

My hon. and learned Friend is a distinguished Member for Leicester, West. His family in intertwined with the history of the city of Leicester. Before he was elected in 1970, his father was the Member for Leicester, West. The people of his constituency do not believe the lies. They are with him now, and they will be with him in the future, because they know of his unstinting service to anyone who approaches him, for whatever cause. He has vindicated himself, and all of us, in what he has said tonight.

I remember a speech made by my hon. Friend the Member for Birmingham, Ladywood (Ms. Short), who is another brave Member of the House who has suffered at the hands of a certain newspaper. I worked in the corridor where she had her office, and we Miss her in the west cloisters—especially her use of our fax machine. I recall that, just before her speech, my hon. Friend went through an agonising time wondering whether she should come before the House to tell it what she felt. Courageously, she did so—and struck a blow for every one of us in the House.

My hon. and learned Friend, too, is a brave man in what he has done, said and endured over the past weeks and months. Every one of us should be grateful to him, because, as the hon. Members for Rutland and Melton (Mr. Latham) and for Leicestershire, North-West (Mr. Ashby) said, what has happened to my hon. and learned Friend could happen to any one of us, so we should all be aware of it.

During the course of that terrible ordeal, I suggested to the Lord Chancellor that there should be a change in the law to provide for the protection of the innocent. The Lord Chancellor said that he would consider the idea. The Solicitor-General is here today, and I make him an offer. I came 18th in the ballot for private Members’ Bills. I know that that is not very high —and there are other subjects that I wish to raise. Nevertheless, I would happily introduce a Bill to cover the point if the right hon. and learned Gentleman would promise it a safe passage through the House.

We should not wait for another Criminal Justice Bill. There is parliamentary time, and we should get on with the job. I foresee that many unscrupulous people in this country would be prepared to do exactly the same thing again. If it is possible to do so, I will happily give the Solicitor-General my place.
-------------------------

Janner stands accused of despicable crimes that have only not been taken further on account of his 'dementia'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...llegations-against-ex-MP-Greville-Janner.html

Now you tell me - what do we think qualifies Keith Vaz to be chair of the Home Office Affairs select committee?

Last edited:

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Secret 'Unnatural Sex' File Names Top Diplomat

XCLUSIVE: Details of the ex-MI6 employee's "sexual proclivities" are revealed in a previously secret file uncovered by Sky News.

http://news.sky.com/story/1418172/secret-unnatural-sex-file-names-top-diplomat

Not news to those following the story but it's vital the wider public read and understand this stuff, nothing on BBC at all at the moment

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Did this from yesterday get posted? Leon was at Dolphin House, according to evidence being treated as credible and true by Scotland Yard.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/leon-brittan-faced-cop-quiz-5032926#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Exaro normally come out with something on a Saturday night. I have a feeling this evening will be big

Havnt looked in on this thread for a while,but i saw your reference To Dolphin Square.

This place was mentioned on the news the other night and my old man suddenly said "ooh your uncle pastafarian used to stay there all the time when he was in the military in the 60`s and 70`s,he had some incredible stories about the parties that went on there",......apparently from his stories (and i should hasten to add they were wild nights with the lads stories as opposed to the horrible kind) high ranking politicians civil servants military god knows what else used the hotel there and the serviced apartments and had quite a time of it with high class hookers and gambling clubs.

Anyway my point is i presume the Police are investigating who used the flats at Dolphin Square but how on earth do they track the decades worth of people that used the Hotel and serviced apartments not to mention guests of residents,..........its almost an impossible task.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
out of interest [MENTION=6]Lord Bracknell[/MENTION] why the thumbs down on my post which is simply an observation,the only opinion i have given is the difficulty of the task for the police

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Havnt looked in on this thread for a while,but i saw your reference To Dolphin Square.

This place was mentioned on the news the other night and my old man suddenly said "ooh your uncle pastafarian used to stay there all the time when he was in the military in the 60`s and 70`s,he had some incredible stories about the parties that went on there",......apparently from his stories (and i should hasten to add they were wild nights with the lads stories as opposed to the horrible kind) high ranking politicians civil servants military god knows what else used the hotel there and the serviced apartments and had quite a time of it with high class hookers and gambling clubs.

Anyway my point is i presume the Police are investigating who used the flats at Dolphin Square but how on earth do they track the decades worth of people that used the Hotel and serviced apartments not to mention guests of residents,..........its almost an impossible task.

That would be the perfect cover....

out of interest [MENTION=6]Lord Bracknell[/MENTION] why the thumbs down on my post which is simply an observation,the only opinion i have given is the difficulty of the task for the police
I've sent you a reply by PM. It seems to have happened by mistake, because I was scrolling up or down the page, using my Kindle. It wasn't intended. My apologies. I've now corrected the thumb.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I've sent you a reply by PM. It seems to have happened by mistake, because I was scrolling up or down the page, using my Kindle. It wasn't intended. My apologies. I've now corrected the thumb.

It's very easy to accidentally give a thumb up or down, especially with kindles and iPads as the natural place to hold these items is close to the buttons. Maybe the power that is could move it to a more central area to prevent accidental thumbing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here