Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If he was in the USA he could go to 'Guns N Burgers'. That sounds ideal - munch a BigMac while letting go with a Kalashnikov.

Tempting.

I'm almost through today mercifully. She finishes at 2pm (which just makes the fact she is STILL FU><ING HERE humming to herself, even MORE annoying).

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
I'm not making this up.

A random bloke has sat opposite me today in a hot desk area. His ring tone for his mobile phone is the one which is constantly going in 24 (Der der, der derrrrrrrr) and just a minute ago he answered the phone 'Hello CTU' (add an N and re-arrange the letters mate)

We work in IT. He is fat old and bald. He is about as far removed from Jack Bauer as it can possible be.

Anyone else got any complete plums in thier vacinity?

Plums status check..

All systems normal.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
canon-eos-6d-babybell-IMG_1632_1358782881.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well, 10am is when the chubby middle-aged noise-machine starts work. It's 10.15 and she hasn't appeared.

Quick check of the office diary reveals she has a day's holiday booked.

JOY and SALUTATIONS!!!

Today is going to be a good day! :O :clap2: :clap2:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Well, 10am is when the chubby middle-aged noise-machine starts work. It's 10.15 and she hasn't appeared.

Quick check of the office diary reveals she has a day's holiday booked.

JOY and SALUTATIONS!!!

Today is going to be a good day! :O :clap2: :clap2:

Give it half-an-hour and you'll be raging about the next most annoying person in the office, there's no escape.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Give it half-an-hour and you'll be raging about the next most annoying person in the office, there's no escape.

Nope.

There's only three people here. Me, my boss, and the other middle aged lady.

This one is quiet as a MOUSE. All good*

*Until tomorrow :down:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I've developed my own coping mechanism for days when I have to go in the office; we hot desk so I grab the desk farthest from the managers' table, lower my seat so I'm below the screen and put my headphones to listen to music.
The Bell-end is the bloke (in a different office) who says I have to go into the office in order to "engage" and "collaborate" with the other people on the team who do the same job,none of which are less than 100 miles away.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Full House for me today

Gareth Cheeseman, Darth Vadar and Daniel Craig's Stalker all in the office today. Even Shouty Mr Tumnus has turned up as well as a guy who looks like a low rent Magician (without his fit assitant, naturally).

The icing on the cake is that the wind direction has changed and the smell from the nearby tip is wafting through the Air con.

Oh Happy Days

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Full House for me today

Gareth Cheeseman, Darth Vadar and Daniel Craig's Stalker all in the office today. Even Shouty Mr Tumnus has turned up as well as a guy who looks like a low rent Magician (without his fit assitant, naturally).

The icing on the cake is that the wind direction has changed and the smell from the nearby tip is wafting through the Air con.

Oh Happy Days

I feel blessed by comparison! Good luck getting through the day without throwing something / killing somebody/ having a breakdown.

Noise-machine mercifully quiet so far, today.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I'm currently seconded to another team who are struggling due to high volumes of work coinciding with lots of holiday/sickness. They work through queues of electronic scans general customer service queries. In helping them out I've realised three things...

1. The people who are left are taking the piss and "dropping" anything they don't fancy doing.
2. What they don't fancy doing is anything and everything remotely out if the ordinary.
3. I have disliked the individuals for a long time for their tedious personalities, and now I can add their work ethics to the list.

The worst thing is these people have all been here for 10+ years, and they're all on decent money having had 2 pay rises a year plus south east living allowance through the mad 90s. They've probably been getting away with this shit for years but the supervision is minimal and they know how to play the game.

Meanwhile muggins here is doing them a favour and doing a better job, but getting lumped with all the nonsense and paid significantly less for the pleasure. Ain't it always the way?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I've isolated the aircon fiddler down to two possible people now, due to the other thing they do (turn off lights in the equipment room - they were on at 06:20 when I came in for an emergency but off by 07:00 with only those two around); one of them's the CEO so I might have to tread carefully...

No. 25

Aug 25, 2012
I'm currently seconded to another team who are struggling due to high volumes of work coinciding with lots of holiday/sickness. They work through queues of electronic scans general customer service queries. In helping them out I've realised three things...

1. The people who are left are taking the piss and "dropping" anything they don't fancy doing.
2. What they don't fancy doing is anything and everything remotely out if the ordinary.
3. I have disliked the individuals for a long time for their tedious personalities, and now I can add their work ethics to the list.

The worst thing is these people have all been here for 10+ years, and they're all on decent money having had 2 pay rises a year plus south east living allowance through the mad 90s. They've probably been getting away with this shit for years but the supervision is minimal and they know how to play the game.

Meanwhile muggins here is doing them a favour and doing a better job, but getting lumped with all the nonsense and paid significantly less for the pleasure. Ain't it always the way?

This sounds a lot like an experience I had at Legal & General in Hove

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Sounds like a bunch of civil servants. Am I warm?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here