Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alien Abduction meeeting in Brighton

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You know, they get bumped on the head, maybe go into a coma, wake up and hey presto!
... they forget that they could play the piano.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Pitty. There are an estimated 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets in our observable Universe.

Well, numbers are irrelevant when we talk of the infinite but yes, there are many and it's possible one or more contain life. Possible but unlikely. It's only a theory that it's unlikely. Nobody knows nuffink guv.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
From the knowledge we have currently it is highly unlikely that life exists elsewhere at "present time"
I think most of us disagree with you there, but you don't want to go into that right now, yet you keep posting it?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I've never understood the "arrogance" argument for thinking we are alone. No offence, but it is a lazy argument. From the knowledge we have currently it is highly unlikely that life exists elsewhere at "present time" although time/space is relative so it's tricky to nail that down. Of course, there's tonnes we don't know so I say let's all keep an open mind but also rest easy knowing that Hybrid X's paranoid fear of boogey men ****ing with our minds is about as likely as rocking horse shit.

It's out there somewhere, it just ain't coming here.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Can't help thinking that if there was evidence of alien life we certainly wouldn't be told.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think most of us disagree with you there, but you don't want to go into that right now, yet you keep posting it?

I know! I can't resist, it fascinates me and I'm having me lunch at my desk! I certainly couldn't argue against anyone's theories, layman or expert. We simply don't know and that is what is exciting to me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can't help thinking that if there was evidence of alien life we certainly wouldn't be told.
If only the top secret US military knew of it, then I doubt we'd be told. But that's no reason to assume it exists (the evidence).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I know! I can't resist, it fascinates me and I'm having me lunch at my desk! I certainly couldn't argue against anyone's theories, layman or expert. We simply don't know and that is what is exciting to me.
But with such a ridiculously stupid amount of stars and planets out there, I can't even imagine why you think that basic life on some of them is so unlikely :shrug:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's highly, highly unlikely that life exists elsewhere so the idea of a couple of spongheaded Greys popping to earth and having a fiddle with us is quite, quite ridiculous. In theory, maybe but in theory there could be red pigeons.

It is highly likely that life does exist elsewhere, has done in the past and will do in the future. The sheer vastness of the universe makes it probable rather than improbable. The universe is about 13.8 billion years old from what we know.

What is probably highly unlikely, given the vastness of space, is that we'll never make contact with anything outside our solar system, given our nearest galaxy (a dwarf galaxy within the boundaries of the Milkyway itself, is some 42,000 light years away. Even our next nearest star takes light 4.2 years to get here. Our best bet is finding evidence of the existence of life within our own solar system, which we still may do.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What is probably highly unlikely, given the vastness of space, is that we'll never make contact with anything outside our solar system
Oops, double negative strikes.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Like I say, nothing would surprise me but the exact conditions for life are so specific it is unlikely to be replicated...unless...life took on a completely, as yet unimagined form. In fact much of earth itself is unable to support life. But that is a long discussion more suited to when I'm blazed. For now I'm sticking with evil green men climbing down space ladders into our brains and cupping our balls.

The conditions for life on Earth are so specific, but why would life anywhere else have to be the same as on life on Earth?

I would have thought the odds for there not being any other life in the universe would be far greater than the odds for there being something out there somewhere. What I wouldn't do, however, is quickly google 'extraterrestrial life', and then post the first YouTube link that comes up, stating it as FACT and then laugh at anyone who doesn't agree with me.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The conditions for life on Earth are so specific, but why would life anywhere else have to be the same as on life on Earth?

I would have thought the odds for there not being any other life in the universe would be far greater than the odds for there being something out there somewhere. What I wouldn't do, however, is quickly google 'extraterrestrial life', and then post the first YouTube link that comes up, stating it as FACT and then laugh at anyone who doesn't agree with me.

Yes, agreed, like I said, it could most likely take the form of something we couldn't imagine. A gas, a feeling, something beyond our comprehension. Either way, the likelyhood of us finding wooly mamoths on Mars are remote.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What I wouldn't do, however, is quickly google 'extraterrestrial life', and then post the first YouTube link that comes up, stating it as FACT and then laugh at anyone who doesn't agree with me.
Has anyone tried watching that video? It is mind-numbingly stupid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here