Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nike Albion shirts - what are your thoughts?

What do you think about Nike becoming the Albion's kit supplier?

• Total voters

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Can you link it in? I've been trying to find it for weeks and unable.

Insider confirms on 'Ask the Club' on here that kits will be for one year only.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Must have done some maths, £49 a pop, fewer will buy, but the hardcore will continue to, so make a new shirt every year and to make up the shortfall.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven

I wanted to watch the video I can't find it anywhere. No reason I just hadn't seen it.

Just had a look and Insider said kit not kits, so is that just a typo on his part or does he actually mean alternate years for a home and away kit?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
So the design of the kit will be unique but we're not going to have any input into the manufacturing of the shirt in the way that Man U get to, fiddling with collars and stuff, doesn't sound like too bad a deal.

Shame it's Nike.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I like the part about supplying the kids and team with all Nike boots, footwear and equipment to make sure every one is on an even playing field (no pun)

After hearing Paul Barber sell us this idea (even though im glad we got nike) I hope we dont end up disappointed and see its just a normal Nike shirt, like the likes of Charlton and other lower league teams have. The best shirt weve had was last years we shouldnt of changed it for this years league 2 looking one.

I like Arsenals yellow away shirt though, hopefully we might get something like that for ours.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I want the training jacket that Celtic and man city use. Obviously with BRIGHTON on the back.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
When can we expect the new shirts to hit the club shop?

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Given the tributes to Errea on Monday do we expect the lads to be wearing the new Nike strip against Yeovil on Friday? Good commercial opportunity with it being on TV too.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Given the tributes to Errea on Monday do we expect the lads to be wearing the new Nike strip against Yeovil on Friday? Good commercial opportunity with it being on the TV too.

Not sure how Errea would feel about that given they probably have paid for the whole season!

Jul 7, 2003
Not sure how Errea would feel about that given they probably have paid for the whole season!

Depends if Nike / the club decide it is worth their while and offer some compensation to Errea.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

I don't think it would be the first time a team has done something like that, can't think of a specific off the top of my head. I know plenty have ended a season with the new kit for the next season, us included, I shall see if I can find out if any involved new manufacturer/sponsor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here