Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, why do Brighton fans hate Crystal Palace?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
No. Whenever there were polls on the BBS on which was the most hated club. Brighton always came top.

With you , easy , botty and fairy frequenting it is it not surprising ???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As much as you have a great stadium and training facilities, deep down you know we ALWAYS have the upper hand on the pitch.

These things go in cycles and there is no denying that over the last 20 or so games you have had the upper hand and when you haven't you have inflicted a defeat at our ground within a month or two of us beating you. However I remember the days when you were lucky to get even a point at the Goldstone and regularly got beaten at Selhurst by us. Things will change again and we do have the infrastructure and crowds to keep climbing the football ladder. You, however, are on borrowed time in the Premier and it will take something pretty special for you to get back there again once you get relegated. There are far too many teams in a better state than Palace. We WILL be handing out beatings to you in the not too distant future...can't wait :smile:

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Yours is the first result I look for, even during your wilderness years.
From the late 70's onwards, the games between us have always had an edge to it, on and off the pitch. In saying that,the hatred has mainly been from your side, if that's due to us being in a higher league for the majority of the time, or us tending to get the results against you when it matters, I don't know.
The 5-0 game is a classic example, you were getting all excited about playing us,and came up in your 1000's. Cue total humiliation at our shithole.
As much as you have a great stadium and training facilities, deep down you know we ALWAYS have the upper hand on the pitch.

I honestly think we were a better overall team last season, the overall league position being a truer reflection than two legs of a playoff, and I also honestly think palace were a better team last season with Zaha and Murray than this season.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I honestly think we were a better overall team last season, the overall league position being a truer reflection than two legs of a playoff, and I also honestly think palace were a better team last season with Zaha and Murray than this season.

I think we are coming good now , tbh we did struggle when olly came in and our run in form was awful . I also feel you were a better team last season than now .

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
. I also feel you were a better team last season than now .

You're wrong. If we'd had the injury problems we have had this season we'd have struggled to get anywhere near the playoffs...imo, our strength in depth is massively improved this season. We have had an amazing season taking into account what happened with Poyet and the injuries Oscar has had to deal with. We'd just returned to pretty well full strength when the transfer window came about and imo our player of the season got injured and is now out for the season. It's been an incredibly tough season for Oscar in his first English club. Who knows how well we'd be doing now without all the disruption but I'd wager top 2.

We are a totally different proposition for teams trying to stop us playing this year but the next three games will be incredibly tough without Bridcutt, Barnes and Crofts. We need to replace the outgoing ones, replace Crofts and get shot of Bridcutt asap.

Feb 14, 2010
Who is this joker who thinks that Palace always are better on the pitch. Can someone tell him to come back when they have, like the Albion won a major trophy and been Champions of England. Can someone also remind them who followed who to the cup final. As for palace well these days they are a club whose fans disappear in the Championship then turn up when in the Premier league, they bang a drum and shout Whooa Whooa. Its just difficult to take a club like that seriously. To compare the two clubs then you just have to look at Brighton v York City as against the Palace attempt at a protest when about 50 teenagers got laughed out of the City. Palace, as Mullery rightly said .. they are not worth a fiver.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
And vice versa?

If the word 'hate' is too strong a word to use please swap it for a word that is a little less strong.

I remember not too long ago that Plymouth had a bit of a thing for us because we relegated them and beat them in the play offs once. It was quite strange actually.

I'm here for a history lesson really, you lovely people of the Seagull persuasion.

A few things you need to learn. Brighton as a place is far superior to everywhere else, their supporters are the best, their team is the best, Tony Bloom is the best. Fans of other clubs are not as worthy as them. London, Croydon, Burnley, Bournemouth, up north etc are all shiteholes but Brighton is wonderful.

Palace supporters are all pikeys who live in caravans and everyone from up north has an outside toilet and a whippet.

BHA fans feel a real love for their club that others cannot comprehend, when they lose the only way they live with it is if their "other" team won.

Special mention to [MENTION=28056]bn9 bha[/MENTION]

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
when they lose the only way they live with it is if their "other" team won.[/MENTION]

You sound like you are talking from experience, don't tar us with the same brush. I hope your other team is good because you have had to live with getting beat nearly every game this season.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
No hatred in my house. Brother is Palace. Round my Dad's house a Palace tea-mug and a BHA tea-mug hang quite merrily next to each other on the mug tree. Long may it be so.

Although it has to be pointed out my BHA mug is of far superior quality, thicker, bigger and better made. After 2 years of dishwasher action the crest is as blue as the day it was purchased. The Palace mug is however faded and sorry looking.

Last edited:

Feb 14, 2010
Palace are a club who think Brighton fans are glory hunters. I know, Brighton, been Champions of England in 1910 and a cup final appearance in 1983. They hate the fact we get bigger crowds despite being in a lower division and all you need to know about Palace is that when in our division, they struggled to get 13000 people through the door on a midweek game without giving tickets away for free. Now they are in the top flight the plastic palace support suddenly think they are the best fans in the world because they, like Reading, like to bang a drum

Feb 14, 2010
Can someone settle this and post a picture of Brighton v York City as against the picture of their little joke of a protest in the City? Has anyone got the Cantona shot, Cantona did well to find a palace fan as everyone else in the palace home end in that picture seemed to have a Man U top on!

Jan 30, 2008
From my point of view when i was 14/15 and getting intrested in the other side of football brighton was THE game . We always seemed to play you then ( before you turned shit ) and after the mullery incident it just intensifed . It always got lively down the goldstone and i nearly got caught out outside a pub in sth norwood when the weed came early :eek: , it was fun at the time but as you get older it seemed daft . I can recall the time when we played you again ( the 5-0 game ) and the buzz i felt that day was something you dont get in any game but ours , but hate is too strong a word i feel , i dislike you alot and nothing gives me greater pleasure than beating you lot and if you lose i love it . I knew the fairy would be over this like a rash , then again he hasnt grown out of it yet :whistle:
"the weed came early " WE'RE NEVER SLOW IN SHOWING OUR HAND TO YOU , the obsession continues for you doug :wink:
regards
DR

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Palace are a club who think Brighton fans are glory hunters. I know, Brighton, been Champions of England in 1910 and a cup final appearance in 1983. They hate the fact we get bigger crowds despite being in a lower division and all you need to know about Palace is that when in our division, they struggled to get 13000 people through the door on a midweek game without giving tickets away for free. Now they are in the top flight the plastic palace support suddenly think they are the best fans in the world because they, like Reading, like to bang a drum

image.jpg

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No hatred in my house. Brother is Palace. Round my Dad's house a Palace tea-mug and a BHA tea-mug hang quite merrily next to each other on the mug tree. Long may it be so.

Although it has to be pointed out my BHA mug is of far superior quality, thicker, bigger and better made. After 2 years of dishwasher action the crest is as blue as the day it was purchased. The Palace mug is however faded and sorry looking.

Plenty of sorry looking Palace mugs on here!!:)

Crystal Pulis

Jan 13, 2014
These things go in cycles and there is no denying that over the last 20 or so games you have had the upper hand and when you haven't you have inflicted a defeat at our ground within a month or two of us beating you. However I remember the days when you were lucky to get even a point at the Goldstone and regularly got beaten at Selhurst by us. Things will change again and we do have the infrastructure and crowds to keep climbing the football ladder. You, however, are on borrowed time in the Premier and it will take something pretty special for you to get back there again once you get relegated. There are far too many teams in a better state than Palace. We WILL be handing out beatings to you in the not too distant future...can't wait :smile:

Dream on pal.

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef

Not forgetting you took a big mob to Chesterfield once as well.

Do you think Chelsea will win tomorrow?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here