Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Ride playing Roundhouse in May. Tix on sale Friday.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I went to that colossal indoor stadium, the O2 last night. Not somewhere that I would normally go to see a gig (especially on a Wednesday :facepalm:), it's not the most intimate of venues, but I do love the music of Jack White.

He played for just under an hour, and then did an encore the same length...the first part was a bit messy to be honest, too much self indulgence, songs broken up with unnecessary jams.

But the encore - brilliant, just superb guitar and blistering songs segueing into each other. He mixed it up with tunes from his entire career. Very, very uplifting.

He finished with Seven Nation Army. I had forgotten, what with this being a bit of a football anthem these days, what a great song this actually is. Fantastic.

Temples next, Concorde on Sunday.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I went to that colossal indoor stadium, the O2 last night. Not somewhere that I would normally go to see a gig (especially on a Wednesday :facepalm:), it's not the most intimate of venues, but I do love the music of Jack White.

He played for just under an hour, and then did an encore the same length...the first part was a bit messy to be honest, too much self indulgence, songs broken up with unnecessary jams.

But the encore - brilliant, just superb guitar and blistering songs segueing into each other. He mixed it up with tunes from his entire career. Very, very uplifting.

He finished with Seven Nation Army. I had forgotten, what with this being a bit of a football anthem these days, what a great song this actually is. Fantastic.

Temples next, Concorde on Sunday.

Funnily enough I will be making my first ever O2 visit this month to see Morrisey. Unfortunately had to settle for seats but near the stage and lower tier. Going to treat it as a one off. Wont know till the day if he will turn up, cancel, turn up and leave the stage early or play a blinding two hour set packed with Smiths songs. Doubt if it will be the latter somehow.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Funnily enough I will be making my first ever O2 visit this month to see Morrisey. Unfortunately had to settle for seats but near the stage and lower tier. Going to treat it as a one off. Wont know till the day if he will turn up, cancel, turn up and leave the stage early or play a blinding two hour set packed with Smiths songs. Doubt if it will be the latter somehow.

I'm seeing him on Sunday. It's a Mark E Smith style lottery with Moz these days.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Near the stage, lower tier is where I wished I had been last night actually. I was on the floor, which gets horribly crushed at venues like this, when you are the wrong side of 50 :( and despite being 6'3" I seemed to be dwarfed by a huge amount of enormous twenty-somethings, so the view was hit and miss.

Last time I saw Morrissey was about two years ago. He was brilliant, and did indeed play a fair few Smiths songs. Enjoy!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Near the stage, lower tier is where I wished I had been last night actually. I was on the floor, which gets horribly crushed at venues like this, when you are the wrong side of 50 :( and despite being 6'3" I seemed to be dwarfed by a huge amount of enormous twenty-somethings, so the view was hit and miss.

Last time I saw Morrissey was about two years ago. He was brilliant, and did indeed play a fair few Smiths songs. Enjoy!

Thanks. I would always stand by choice so maybe having got a ticket late was the best thing.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Saw Matt Schofield tonight - one of our greatest guitarists in any genre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here