Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Would love to go, but really not sure I can justify the £27 charge. Hopefully they'll be at Primavera.

I'm hoping they'll be enough people of the same opinion as you that I'll be able to pick a ticket up next month. I was thinking the same until I saw that it was a Psychocandy show.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Are you enjoying the new Godflesh album? I'm absolutely loving it. I'm really looking forward to the gig, slightly tempered by a mate who told me they were "boring" at Supersonic a few years back.

I like it, shame I'm at the Behemoth/Decapitated/Winterfylleth gig the same night. A mate of mine saw Godflesh at Heaven recently and apparently they were bowel movingly brilliant.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
1st date sold out - unbelievably there are still tickets available for the 2nd, nearly an hour after they went up. This will be an AMAZING show.

I've seen her already and if she is only half as good as she was that night this will be an absolutely brilliant show. That Four Tet fella deserves a nighthood for introducing Cherry and RocketNumber9, how the hell did he think these two would work so brilliantly together?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I've seen her already and if she is only half as good as she was that night this will be an absolutely brilliant show. That Four Tet fella deserves a nighthood for introducing Cherry and RocketNumber9, how the hell did he think these two would work so brilliantly together?

Ah **** it. I'm going both nights.

JAMC and BSP tickets in the bag as well. Been a good morning.

God knows how I'll pay for it all though.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The support to Tamikrest last Friday was a chap called John Crampton a blues and bluegrass man. Now I must admit, I'm no expert in this area but I thought he was outstanding - it left me with the impression that he was a well established national act, probably London based

Nah. this guy plays a multitude of pub gigs in Brighton in the coming couple of months @ The Exchange, Sidewinder, Bees Mouth, Eddy. Mesmerist. Well, well worth catching I would say.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ah **** it. I'm going both nights.

JAMC and BSP tickets in the bag as well. Been a good morning.

God knows how I'll pay for it all though.

Ha. Good work. The Kraftwerk Berlin Katalog tickets go on pre-sale at the venue tonight at midnight. I'm meeting some mates for beers after work. I have a feeling I will wake up with a hangover and tickets for 8 Kraftwerk gigs and a whoppingly large crdit card receipt in my pocket tomorrow.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The support to Tamikrest last Friday was a chap called John Crampton a blues and bluegrass man. Now I must admit, I'm no expert in this area but I thought he was outstanding - it left me with the impression that he was a well established national act, probably London based

Nah. this guy plays a multitude of pub gigs in Brighton in the coming couple of months @ The Exchange, Sidewinder, Bees Mouth, Eddy. Mesmerist. Well, well worth catching I would say.

I've seen John Crampton several times over the years & am always surprised that he hasn't become more widely recognised. Superb player.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Off to see the legendary US guitarist Steve Cropper tonight guesting with The Animals at Worthing Assembly Hall.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Jesus and Mary Chain bought today. Bit of a turn up Neneh Cherry at The Albert- it's going to be one of those 'I was there' evenings no doubt.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Saw Kate Tempest last night at the Haunt, she was great. The hype well and truly justified, tempted to go the Concorde gig in feb now.

Excellent show, and I have to say that support act Loyle Carner were very, very impressive as well imho. The Concorde gig should sell out fairly quickly I would have thought.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm being made to pay for not checking this site yesterday, as the tickets have now gone :tantrum:

I feel your pain. I skipped the midnight on-sale-at-the-venue Berlin Kraftwerk presale for the comfort of my sofa and the 09:00 am on-line option. Gutted as I spent 30 minutes refreshing the screen to then find all 8 dates sold out. I'm always really well prepared for ticket sales and cannot recall the last time I missed out. Booooooooo.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I see that The Wedding Present have been added to Drill. All we need are The Fall and it will be the best line up imaginable.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
NME's annual shindig announced for Feb 19th , Palma Violets, Slaves, Fat White Family, Austin Texas & Amazing Snakeheads.

Former Supergrass leader, Gaz Coombes also playing Feb 5th

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here