Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Saw Arthur Beatrice at Scala Kings Cross on Wednesday evening - awesome evening, proving that the difficult 2nd album mantra is a crock of shit.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Cavern of Anti Matter were rather good.

I missed this one but they were ace at the Deerhunter ATP a few years ago. I can only imagine they've improved.

I was at the Merlin Tonto EP launch last night. It was a cracker and the EP is another wonderful kraut/IDM hybrid, should be up your Straße I suspect.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Got Brighton's very own Architects on saturday night, it has been many years since I've seen them. Despite their global success always good to see them return home for their album launches.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
late to the party on this lot, but i see the avalanches have been announced for Wildlife festival.

They are also at Field Day two weeks today in London, with PJ Harvey, John Grant, Steve Mason, Goat, Parquet Courts, Air amongst others. Should be fantastic.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Algiers tonight. I haven't looked forward to a gig so much for ages.

Resident got their Album of the Year right last year, probably, in my opinion. I have listened to it even more this year. It is magnificent...I really can't wait!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You know you're getting old when you want to see a DJ (DJ Harvey) and the dining options at the venue catch your eye.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My Follakzoid are a treat live. The Mrs said: "they rock my world."

:thumbsup:

Saw them earlier this year and it's one of my favourite gigs so far.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Algiers tonight. I haven't looked forward to a gig so much for ages.

Resident got their Album of the Year right last year, probably, in my opinion. I have listened to it even more this year. It is magnificent...I really can't wait!

So jealous. Their sound is incredible, as if Nick Cave has been asked to collaborate with the Four Tops. They would have been my album of the year had it not been for Ghostpoet.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
So jealous. Their sound is incredible, as if Nick Cave has been asked to collaborate with the Four Tops. They would have been my album of the year had it not been for Ghostpoet.

And it went beyond what I could have expected. What a gig. There was a real feeling that we were witnessing something special. Everyone I spoke to afterwards responded in the same way - one of the best gigs seen for years.

That was truly stunning.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
And it went beyond what I could have expected. What a gig. There was a real feeling that we were witnessing something special. Everyone I spoke to afterwards responded in the same way - one of the best gigs seen for years.

That was truly stunning.

I just don't think I got it. Or I was too far back. Or I think I need to actually hear a song every now and again. Or I'm too cynical.

Anyway, I left feeling a bit confused by them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

That was truly stunning.

There's a very little festival here which they're playing at, will investigate

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I just don't think I got it. Or I was too far back. Or I think I need to actually hear a song every now and again. Or I'm too cynical.

Anyway, I left feeling a bit confused by them.

Could be due to it being The Haunt if you were far back. You need to be in front third for the best sound there.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
John Murry is back in town in September, at the moment it's at the Hope ..... I cannot for the life of.me understand why it's not a sell out at The Dome.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here