Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
White Denim last night. They played for two hours, barely breaking between tunes, and made a very pleasant noise too. Duelling guitar licks, solos, tracks that built up to a crescendo. They played all (or nearly all) of the most recent album and quite a few old faves too. Nice to see Inigo Calderon on drums!

I wasn't at this one but they are a super reliable outfit, I doubt they've ever come close to doing a bad gig!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Thanks to this thread I bought a ticket for Melt Banana a couple of months ago, well worth the wait for the show last night, totally hatstand, loved them.

Glad you enjoyed it. Monday not the best night to watch a band with a week of work ahead but really pleased I made it. A pretty healthy mosh pit which I kept well back from got things going and I thought Melt Banana were brilliant. Enjoyed the immense sound of the support who played about three songs which were all over fifteen minutes long. And a female drummer centre stage!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I love Melt Banana and they are cracking live but you are all mental. Officially mental.

:lol:It was a tough decision- the sad thing being that both bands appeal to the same type of fan. How were Swans then? Can you still hear anything?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Die Frau has got us tickets to see Jeffry Lewis week on Friday on our wedding anniversary.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Did you enjoy it?

Are they already playing new stuff?

Did you catch Jenny Hval?

Yes, of course. They played for two hours which was a bit long for me. There were a few dull patches but, for the most part, it all worked wonderfully.

Most of the set was from their new album.

No, turned up too late for Jenny.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Glad you enjoyed it. Monday not the best night to watch a band with a week of work ahead but really pleased I made it. A pretty healthy mosh pit which I kept well back from got things going and I thought Melt Banana were brilliant. Enjoyed the immense sound of the support who played about three songs which were all over fifteen minutes long. And a female drummer centre stage!

I did indeed. Finding this thread pretty useful for picking up tips. Followed Melt Banana with Public Enemy on tuesday another top night out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Never realised that Sounds did humour in the 80s. That is funny.

I remember Sounds, I also remember it stopped rather abruptly and left quite a hole in my life at the time.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I remember Sounds, I also remember it stopped rather abruptly and left quite a hole in my life at the time.

I was confused in my very early teens - I thought it was called "Sods" as the cover usually featured bands or individuals obscuring the letters u and n. I went straight from Smash Hits to NME. Sounds was always a bit more rocky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here