Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
The Fall Concorde 2 Thursday 25th September. Very pleased about this.

yes great news. Saw them recently at Under the Bridge and they were in top form.Mind you some of that down to being an excellent venue.

Nice that it's a Thursday as well, think the last couple of times they have played Brighton it has been a Sunday or Monday.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
The godlike genius of Tim Rogers solo cracking jokes and playing tunes at Mojo's last Sunday and going back again next Thursday for something completely different bill, Katalyst (and all the way from Detroit) Guilty Simpson, should be good.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
The Fall Concorde 2 Thursday 25th September. Very pleased about this.

Weirdly I don't think I've ever seen them live. Maybe at Reading 90? Now that was a line up.
reading--1990-main-stage-ad.jpg

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Weirdly I don't think I've ever seen them live. Maybe at Reading 90? Now that was a line up.

I went to this festival in Belgium that very Sunday. Spot the similarities on the bill - except that Nick Cave was (is) bigger in Belgium and headlined.

300_1990.png

How things change. That was one day, one stage, 9 bands. Going to the same festival in a week or two and it's now 3 days, 8 stages and 225 bands...

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Trying to decide if I was only to go to one evening which of the three would it be? Have settled for Sunday for The Fall/Pixies combo. Good to see The Wedding Prsent there. A reminder that they were a fairly big draw back in 1990.
(Thanks for PM- will get back to you soon)

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Although I'm not a great festival fan, TWP were bloody brilliant that night. Starting off with the them from Cheers then doing a stonking Bizarro and Best set. I was in the front two rows going mental in the mosh pit, long hair in a black WP long sleeve shirt hoodie.

Egon Spengler

Jul 5, 2011
Have to agree. End of The Road has the best line up of any festival this year including those abroad.

I've been the last 4 years and always had a great time.

It looks like Foxygen are back and have a Brighton gig (29/10). I was pretty disappointed when they cancelled their European tour last year. I didn't think I'd hear of them again.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Although I'm not a great festival fan, TWP were bloody brilliant that night. Starting off with the them from Cheers then doing a stonking Bizarro and Best set. I was in the front two rows going mental in the mosh pit, long hair in a black WP long sleeve shirt hoodie.

Seeing them Bank Holiday weekend- they are playing Watusi in its entirety which is not exactly the best album they have done but hoping for some other tracks too.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Catfish and The Bottlemen are playing another gig in Brighton in December. They sold out The Haunt on the 21st of August. But I recommend them, one of the brightest looking bands breaking through at the moment.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Machine Head at the Concorde 2 last night .
Unbeleivable !!!!!! For a band who played Wembley Arena on their last tour , this was going to be special for the lucky 600 who managed to get tickets.
I have seen some feisty bands in that venue over the years , but never a mosh pit that stretched halfway to the back . There were even a couple of circle pits chucked in for good measure .
I have never sweat so much in my life , and the bruises this morning ,remind me of some of those intense punk gigs I used to attend in the early eighties . At the end the dance floor was reminiscent of the Somme
Last night was one of those never to be repeated nights that will live long in the memory .
Thank you Machine Head , thank you for taking time out to play in my little town.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Pete Fij & Terry Bickers supporting The Pains of Being Pure At Heart at Sticky Mike's on Saturday. Tickets online for under a tenner. Nice.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Eventually got tickets to Jon Hopkins today only to find its a 'sit yourself down' affair!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Sir, where did you get them for that price?

Via Terry and Pete's facebook page

They were excellent, the second band were diabolical and The Pains Of Being Pure at Heart were goodish in parts but nothing special.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here