Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Really good show with Guy. He talks about the silly stuff you expect from him, but also about the playing side of things in his career, and it's very interesting. But more so, the stuff about AITC, Wheelchair football, mens health (his own health), homeless charity, he's a real good egg, and someone the club must be very proud to have working for them.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Must admit I stopped listening to the pod cast earlier this year because of the music. Far too much of it at the start. At least at the end I could cut it off. The final straw in Jan or Feb was when I listened to several minutes of the music at the start of the pod cast before it was announced it was a special musical podcast. It infringed the trades description act for putting it under the name of "The Albion Roar".

Tried the podcast again last week to see if the music had disappeared. Sadly not. Shame really because I only wanted to hear about the Albion.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Must admit I stopped listening to the pod cast earlier this year because of the music. Far too much of it at the start. At least at the end I could cut it off. The final straw in Jan or Feb was when I listened to several minutes of the music at the start of the pod cast before it was announced it was a special musical podcast. It infringed the trades description act for putting it under the name of "The Albion Roar".

Tried the podcast again last week to see if the music had disappeared. Sadly not. Shame really because I only wanted to hear about the Albion.

Music ends at 0:40 if that helps. What do you do when you watch a tv show with a musical intro, or even a radio show with one?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Lucky the Roar doesn't do adverts, otherwise he would be royally pissed off.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton

The music is because it enables the changeover in the studio, its only 30 seconds usually.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
The music is because it enables the changeover in the studio, its only 30 seconds usually.

It was 40 seconds last week - have just timed it and the music drove me mad just by listening to it, maybe because I am not a head banger and the bad experience in Jan/Feb has just got to me!

Can the music be changed to something with a football theme? Quite frankly a recording of the singers in the North Stand on a Saturday afternoon would be much better and more appropriate. Better still, get some fans to try out a new chant every week and get some feed back on it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Excellent show with Tank ( who I suspect is now SuperTank size now), he's very level headed and funny with it too. Perhaps one or two less references to his age when he retired?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
When will this week's episode be available on iTunes? I'm cooking breakfast & need some pre-Fulham optimism!!

Let's Have A Winner!

Apr 23, 2006
Burgess Hill
just finished listening to this week's show...Adam Virgo's frustration at all things Albion comes through loud and clear! Even though he's been on both sides of the fence he speaks like a true fan (which of course, he is)! Hope he doesn't fall out with anyone at the Albion though...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here