Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
yes please yes please yes please yes please yes please.

I'm just going to ignore any of this BOLLOCKS about "oh i dont want him as he's a waste of wages".

SCREW OFF. He's bloody VICENTE. This isn't Paul BLOODY Kitson...

And breathe....

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Vicente = a dream signing, even if we only get a handful of games out of him. Pay per play a must though.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Wait for Albion legend to return teaser then we resign Tommy Fraser or Adam Virgo

Virgo can play up front?
I'm not sure Fraser could be worst than Lopez was on Saturday

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"Now would be a good time"- isn't it a trifle worrying when a player (or his agent) says that?

It rather suggests a lack of other offers, which, for a man of his undoubted talent, says a lot.

Fabulous player when fit, but I'm not sure.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
"Now would be a good time"- isn't it a trifle worrying when a player (or his agent) says that?

It rather suggests a lack of other offers, which, for a man of his undoubted talent, says a lot.

It has to be said, that for a player of such an age, to miss pre-season, isn't going to help with matters of on-going fitness.
For that reason, I'm sceptical. (but obviously FICKLE too, and more than willing to chnage my mind if there's truth in this).

See David Lopez for example.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Do people realise that he was fit for much of last season, but Gus didn't opt to play him?

Admittedly, that came from the man himself, so we don't know it's 100% true...at the end of a contract, he's hardly going to admit to being a crock all year, is he?

Again, I have nothing against him, his ability is unbelievable, but I suspect the truth, as always, is somewhere in between. Regardless of Poyet, Vicente has always missed long spells with injury.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Do people realise that he was fit for much of last season, but Gus didn't opt to play him?

Then we don't want him back then. I'd excused last couple of performances as being fitness related but if he was fully fit he must just have been half-arsed and lazy

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It has to be said, that for a player of such an age, to miss pre-season, isn't going to help with matters of on-going fitness.
For that reason, I'm sceptical. (but obviously FICKLE too, and more than willing to chnage my mind if there's truth in this).

See David Lopez for example.

Quite. And you can't see Vicente doing laps of his local park to keep fit, can you :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I agree that could be the case, but in our case he doesn't need the money but his family and kids were settled in Brighton and perhaps with Gus gone, Vicente fancies a swan song back in this city above anything else.

And if he plays just 5 or 6 games winning us 3 or 4 points in the process, and costs us buttons on an appearance-related deal, it could suit everyone.

Please PLEASE let this be true.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Bet he's not fit now. Vicente plus no pre season equals we'll see him play in November.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I agree that could be the case, but in our case he doesn't need the money but his family and kids were settled in Brighton and perhaps with Gus gone, Vicente fancies a swan song back in this city above anything else.

And if he plays just 5 or 6 games winning us 3 or 4 points in the process, and costs us buttons on an appearance-related deal, it could suit everyone.

Please PLEASE let this be true.

Hey, I'm with HKFC- I don't necessarily think he's the answer to our prayers, but if he comes cheap, I'm more than willing to be proved wrong.

I did feel there were games when he was here in which his mere presence stifled our game, as it came across as though the other players felt as though they had to pass to him at all times, even when there were better options available. When opponents successfully crowded him out, that was it, we were stuffed.

So I'm still not sure. That said, we do need a little more creativity in the middle, and he is potentially the sort of player that can unlock a defence in a heartbeat.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Get him in on a pay as you play deal, give him a month or two to get up to speed then a fully fit Vicente with a point to prove is unleashed? Sounds good to me

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Well nice if he came back, because we all love him. It would be nice if he came back and was fit. But frankly with his class he doesn't need to show his worth for the full ninety, he can turn the game in seconds.

I had a dream...... ( which incidently included the Lottery, nothing on that front either ) :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here