Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus: Vicente describes Poyet as the worst person he has come across in football

Feb 28, 2006
Eastleigh
Maybe this is why a lot of the season we couldn't hit a barn door, poyet humiliating them in training, they lacked confidence when through on goal, and why we were reluctant to even shoot, always passing around area to the point of nowhere to go with it. Just a thought as to why confidence was low at that end of pitch

Dr NBC

Former Insider
Apr 29, 2013
Mid Sussex
I suspect most successful (and probably most unsuccessful) football managers are quite unpleasant individuals in their work time. It's a ruthless profession, dealing with a lot of immature and ill educated young men. Being nice isn't part of the culture.

Shankly, Busby and Clough (except Leeds) were all liked and respected. I don't think that it is too difficult a concept for managers to grasp, but they somehow fail to do so.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Argus: Vicente describes Poyet as the worst person he has come across in footba

Shankly, Busby and Clough (except Leeds) were all liked and respected. I don't think that it is too difficult a concept for managers to grasp, but they somehow fail to do so.

Clough used to humiliate and hit his players publicly and privately and make them run through nettles in training. People like the success.

seagulls99

Feb 10, 2012
I have known about Vicente feeling like this about Gus for a while now through a mutual friend, I can also now say Spanish Dave absolutely hated Poyet as well.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Argus: Vicente describes Poyet as the worst person he has come across in footba

Poyet wouldn't be the first manager to ignore an injured player but that doesn't make it right. I'm cautious because Vicente clearly has his own agenda but if it's true that he was fit from Jan onwards then he should have played more. His comments about the lack of variety in training and work on tactics is interesting. Possibly a cultural difference but how many times did even the Poyet supporters among us complain about our inability to do anything with corners? And the inflexibility of the system that was found out in the playoffs?

He does lay one myth to rest though which a lot of people have missed. He was injured for Monday and that's why Dicker was on the bench, contrary to what the Argus reported previously.

For what it's worth, I don't agree this is an Albion "plant". Any journalist in this situation will be trying to speak to anyone who can talk about what's been going on. I'm sure all three released players would have been spoken to - its only Vicente who had nothing to lose by giving his opinion.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Vicente is only saying what many people are thinking, Poyet does have a massive ego, just a shame he hasn't the management skills to match it, I feel sorry for whatever club is mug enough to take him on.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Vicente is only saying what many people are thinking, Poyet does have a massive ego, just a shame he hasn't the management skills to match it, I feel sorry for whatever club is mug enough to take him on.

This 100%.

Govinda Tim

Apr 13, 2012
Brighton
Currently $42.99 for a one year subscription (that is US$). Also options for 1, 3 and 6 months subscriptions, at higher rates.

I think you can have free access for a week (along with a one-month archive) before you have to start paying (from memory).

Theres an app called News UK which allows you to choose your local newspaper feed as well as national and international feeds. Its free and optimized for mobiles.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
So Gus had an abysmal relationship with the only player at the club who was actually a better player than him?

It looks like Poyet's methods work well with those not used to Champions League level coaching. Vicente has been coached by some top, top managers... Tommy Elphick had Adams (#2), Slade, Wilkins. No disrespect to them at all but a manager with new fresh ideas at L1 level will get great responses from lower league players. The higher you go, the better the players and the better the coaching needs to be and maybe that's where Poyet had gaps?

Of course this is all idle speculation on my part, I have no clue what is actually going on.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm not doubting you, but why would Vicente say such things now; when he no longer has any connection to the club? He must genuinely dislike Gus.

Exactly. There is absolutely nothing in it for him to act for the club to discredit Gus, unless he genuinely does want to set the record straight.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Bozza is right this has not gone to press without someone upstairs in the Albion giving it the go ahead. Its no skin of Vicente's nose he is leaving and the club know he is the sort of player people like us will listen to. I believe some of the article especially tactics as we never had a plan B as we all know. Ill await with baited breath for an article somewhere to appear from Gus. I am hoping now we cut ties asap. Gus can go whereever he has been tapped up and we can all move on.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I have known about Vicente feeling like this about Gus for a while now through a mutual friend, I can also now say Spanish Dave absolutely hated Poyet as well.

Very interesting. Perhaps makes it more likely Spanish will sign his new contract now with the Gus situation.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Surprise surprise.....some of us already knew this.....How many lovers has he got left now lol .
So all this time you've been acting like a complete ****wit, you did actually know something, but chose to keep it to yourself. You tease.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
So all this time you've been acting like a complete ****wit, you did actually know something, but chose to keep it to yourself. You tease.

At the end of the day, if someone came on here and said what Poyet is really like behind the sences, they just get slagged off and called a lair. The truth looks like it coming out now though. TBH I just want us to appoint someone who will embrace the club, it's history and it's fans and move on....By the way I don't think appointing Poyet's mate is the best way forward. A clean break all round is what's needed I think.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The school excuse is pathetic, they do 3 hours a day colouring in and playing games not quadratic equations & kids that age pick up both languages without thinking, 10x faster than adults, it'll do her good, she'll be bilingual without knowing it
To use his own daughter as an excuse for his own mental weakness shows the man has no shame

Really. I'll tell my wife who is in reception that is all she does all day.

Tosser

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here