Drinkers break Amex record

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Would have broken the pie record if Bigbelly wasn't banned

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
im slightly surprised its that low.

Pies have gone downhill. Part of the cost cutting, money making machine. I did have one though

bollocks, the pise where loverly. had to have a second.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Dont be silly, nothing whatsoever to do with cost cutting, or money making machines. Perhaps you've been unlucky, the pies I've had since Azure went, have been spot on. Yesterday had the breakfast pie and it was superb. Looking forward to the Scotch Pie again sometime soon hopefully.

Well I'm glad you're satisfied but I'm pretty sure I'm not being silly. Last season the pies were quality. This season they're still reasonable but as far as I (and several mates) can tell the quality has diminished. From the meat (or lack of) to the pastry through to the packaging. If you don't believe that since last season there's any discreet cost cutting in place for sake of making more money then perhaps you're a little naive.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Dont be silly, nothing whatsoever to do with cost cutting, or money making machines. Perhaps you've been unlucky, the pies I've had since Azure went, have been spot on. Yesterday had the breakfast pie and it was superb. Looking forward to the Scotch Pie again sometime soon hopefully.

im slightly surprised its that low.

bollocks, the pise where loverly. had to have a second.

Say it again. Not as good as last season. Still the best option though

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Well I'm glad you're satisfied but I'm pretty sure I'm not being silly. Last season the pies were quality. This season they're still reasonable but as far as I (and several mates) can tell the quality has diminished. From the meat (or lack of) to the pastry through to the packaging. If you don't believe that since last season there's any discreet cost cutting in place for sake of making more money then perhaps you're a little naive.
The ones I've had this season ha've been mucus better than last. It just depends how quick out of the oven you get them.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
You do realize the pies aren't made by the club right? I highly doubt we would have asked the supplier to make lower quality pies than last season..

Appreciate that. Perhaps I'm shitting out in the pie lottery but I'm not the only one who in recent weeks in particular has noticed a drop in the high standards originally put in place. That's where my beef (or lack of in the pie) lay. They're good but not as good

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A record 18,678 pints were drunk at the Amex on Sunday, beating the previous best of 15,500 for the Arsenal FA Cup tie by over 3,000!
I'm surprised it wasn't more. I had 5 more than usual.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Oh dear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here