Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drinkers break Amex record

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Amex beer pies - the final total

For those of you who can't be arsed to listen to the excellent Albion Roar, here are the final sales figures to toss around and impress your non-Albion supporting friends and colleagues at to what a bunch of gluttonous, crapulous *******s we (nearly all) are.

These figures DO NOT include the 'complimentary' drinks and food (i.e. part of the package) served for the 1901 Club - nor do they include bottles of beer sold. They do not include corporate functions - i.e. these are matchday only, I'm told.

The main story...

Pies
Steak & Ale - 75,071
Chicken & Ham - 58,504
Chicken & Balti - 14,991
Vegetarian - 7,647
Unspecified - 15,358
Total - 171,571 (avg. 6,128 per match)

The remaining 80,000 or so were served at half-time to the 1901 Club.

Pints
Fosters - 140,518
Harvey's - 134,267
Kronenbourg - 70,327
Heineken - 41,552
Strongbow - 28,342
Amstel - 25,490
'Guest' - 2,906
Dark Star - 2,458
Symonds Cider - 1,402
Birra Moretti - 255
'Unspecified' - 17,364
Total - 464,881 (avg. 16,602 per match)

There were a further 26,614 (avg. 951 per match) bottled beers bought in 1901 Club; Sol being the most popular.

There were 21,262 glasses of wine served in 1901 Club and across the concourses (not including wines that went with meals).

For some random figures regarding spirits, liqueurs, cocktails, slammers and 1970s retro drinks, tune into The Albion Roar.

Oh, and the chocolate bar king at the Amex is... Double Decker (14,030).

An average of 16,000 a match last season, so presumably someone has got their figures muddled up if Arsenal was a previous record.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well I'm glad you're satisfied but I'm pretty sure I'm not being silly. Last season the pies were quality. This season they're still reasonable but as far as I (and several mates) can tell the quality has diminished. From the meat (or lack of) to the pastry through to the packaging. If you don't believe that since last season there's any discreet cost cutting in place for sake of making more money then perhaps you're a little naive.

They have changed since the start of last season. You are correct. I have noticed the same. I understand the business has scaled up significantly a couple of times since the start of last season so I guess the processes and production will have been affected.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
They have changed since the start of last season. You are correct. I have noticed the same. I understand the business has scaled up significantly a couple of times since the start of last season so I guess the processes and production will have been affected.

Nice to see I'm not the only one on here to think so. They're still good but a not as good.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Nothing has changed, production-wise.

Ha!! You had that down as nothing has changed except you originally didn't you? I was almost worried for a minute. So how can you be so sure? You seem pretty adamant that nothing has changed. Do you work for the Albion? Are you the catering supplier or something? As a consumer I'm positive they're not as good as they were.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The pies are certainly not as good this year as they were.

Just my opinion of course.

It is also a shame that they no longer come in the boxes, easier to hold/store/eat from when having a pint.

And on the Catering front, any idea when the kiosks at the back of the stands will accept ST cards? Kronenburg isn't available at the main kiosks.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Ha!! You had that down as nothing has changed except you originally didn't you? I was almost worried for a minute. So how can you be so sure? You seem pretty adamant that nothing has changed. Do you work for the Albion? Are you the catering supplier or something? As a consumer I'm positive they're not as good as they were.

Well, I don't spend my time at the kitchens day-in, day-out if that's what you mean.

But if Jo states - and I trust her implicitly - she uses the same suppliers and the same recipe (why change a winning formula?), that's good enough for me. You can always ask her if you like.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Well, I don't spend my time at the kitchens day-in, day-out if that's what you mean.

But if Jo states - and I trust her implicitly - she uses the same suppliers and the same recipe (why change a winning formula?), that's good enough for me. You can always ask her if you like.

Exactly why change a winning formula? But IMO there has been change. I'm still a satisfied customer but not as satisfied as last season.

Jesus you know you're getting on when your having a dispute about pies at 11.15 in the pm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here