Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dirty cheating Blackburn

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
We wouldnt do the same as them... If we were 1-0 up at worst maybe we would switch to possession football and keep the ball amongst our defenders but we certainly wouldnt time waste in the ridiculous way they did. How there was only 3 minutes of injury time in that first half i will never know... the hoskins injury was at least 2 minutes.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
We wouldnt do the same as them... If we were 1-0 up at worst maybe we would switch to possession football and keep the ball amongst our defenders but we certainly wouldnt time waste in the ridiculous way they did. How there was only 3 minutes of injury time in that first half i will never know... the hoskins injury was at least 2 minutes.

The Hoskins injury was more like 4 mins. But you're right we wouldn't go 1 up away from home & start kicking lumps out the opposition & brazenly wasting time at every opportunity Gus would have them playing keep ball. Why do people think we'd resort to Blackburns tactics if we were in their position??

- - - Updated - - -

The Hoskins injury was more like 4 mins. But you're right we wouldn't go 1 up away from home & start kicking lumps out the opposition & brazenly wasting time at every opportunity Gus would have them playing keep ball. Why do people think we'd resort to Blackburns tactics if we were in their position??

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Dirty, time-wasting thugs. Ref was poor but not the reason we didnt win.

We wouldnt act like thugs and do exactly the same in the 35th minute, we would just pass around, sit back and frustrate. Maybe after the 80th minute we would time-waste, not before.

Jake Kean's yellow was for taking a swipe at the Vicente - was down as unsporting behaviour.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
says a lot about Appleton's ability as a manager for me. They have some quality players who could and should have been a match for us in a football game. The fact that he set them out to play in the manner they did, shows me how limited his skills must be. Yes we do slow the game down when winning but not to the extent seen last night and some of the tackling was shocking (murphy should have gone for foul on Bridcutt). Even when they gave the ball back so to speak after hoskins injury they pushed us right back down into our half and then closed the throw down. Terrible attitude and one I hope never to see BHA employ to that extreme.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
They were basically thuggish in then way they played and slow on all free kicks and throw ins to throw us out of or stride. personally think Murphy was lucky to stay on when he assaulted Bridcutt

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Utter rubbish. Every team does it, you try and win the game. They went 1-0 up and could have won it. If we go to Cardiff and do the same, I'd be happy.

We have never done what Blackburn did they did it from the minute they started the game !
All teams take it to the corners with 10 mins to go if they are winning of course I always told teams I managed to do that, but these idiots were time wasting even before they had scored a goal as well .
I think your the one talking rubbish pal

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Blackburn are a club that have really lost the plot, Jack Walker must be turning in his grave. Last night they were a disgrace...

- - - Updated - - -

Blackburn are a club that have really lost the plot, Jack Walker must be turning in his grave. Last night they were a disgrace...

Amarillo

Feb 6, 2013
Oh be nice!
gaysmiley2ar.gif

Lord only knows how you'd have handled us under Hughes or Allardyce.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Oh be nice!
gaysmiley2ar.gif

Lord only knows how you'd have handled us under Hughes or Allardyce.

i believe the "dirty , cheating , fouling , northern twatts fro one of the shittiest parts of the country" label still stands...........haven't you got a whippet to assault...??

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
We have never done what Blackburn did they did it from the minute they started the game !
All teams take it to the corners with 10 mins to go if they are winning of course I always told teams I managed to do that, but these idiots were time wasting even before they had scored a goal as well .
I think your the one talking rubbish pal

We're pretty good time wasters. It's an important part of the game. If anything we should be taking some tips from Blackburn and then perhaps we wouldn't have thrown away points in the last minute so often.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We wouldnt do the same as them... If we were 1-0 up at worst maybe we would switch to possession football and keep the ball amongst our defenders but we certainly wouldnt time waste in the ridiculous way they did.
We've done a lot of time-wasting in the past. We were outplaying Blackburn so much I don't blame them at all for time-wasting, it gave them a chance of changing the flow of the game. We wouldn't be dirty like they were, but as with time-wasting, it's down to the ref to sort that out. If a team can get away with something, they will. One thing Blackburn did that wasn't right, was give us the ball back as a throw in near our goal after Hoskins went off. We were in an attacking position, Hoskins goes off, it's a drop ball in their half and they decide to cheat. Wankers.
How there was only 3 minutes of injury time in that first half i will never know
It was a shock to all of us. Although if it was only 2 mins for Hoskins then I can see it's possible, but I thought Hoskins alone was 3 minutes.

Tombo1984

Mar 9, 2011
For a team of ex premier league players & big money signings have you ever seen a team come to the Amex with a shit game plan that involved time wasting, fouling and all the usual tricks that basically prevented football from being played.

It pays a massive compliment to Albion but Blackburn were a disgrace in periods of that game.

Dirty northern bastards!!

What a load of utter nonsense.

As a southern Rovers fan who went to the game and enjoyed it, i can safely say you have no idea what you are talking about.

Brighton are known for keeping the ball during the game whilst playing at home and we deployed a good defensive tactic to make sure we absorbed your attacks. Is this why you are annoyed?

You say you are annoyed that we deployed the "usual tricks to prevent football from being played"? So what does that make Upson's cynical kicking out at CKR during a counter attack 4 on 4 in the first half. What about El Abd's pathetic handball when Jordan Rhodes was shooting on target when we were 1-0 up?

If we had rightly been given a penalty at that point, Rhodes would have banged it in, we'd have been 2-0 up and Brighton would have been under massive pressure.

Simple fact is you were lucky to draw. Not because we had the better number of chances, but because we took our chances and our goalkeeper was having a good game.

Get over this pathetic excuse making and move on. Take a point in which you were lucky to get, much like you were lucky to get a point at Ewood when the referee awarded you a 97th minute penalty in the 5 mins of time added on.

You have been fortunate both home and away. Deal with it, we have.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus

As a southern Rovers fan who went to the game and enjoyed it, i can safely say you have no idea what you are talking about.

Brighton are known for keeping the ball during the game whilst playing at home and we deployed a good defensive tactic to make sure we absorbed your attacks. Is this why you are annoyed?

You say you are annoyed that we deployed the "usual tricks to prevent football from being played"? So what does that make Upson's cynical kicking out at CKR during a counter attack 4 on 4 in the first half. What about El Abd's pathetic handball when Jordan Rhodes was shooting on target when we were 1-0 up?

If we had rightly been given a penalty at that point, Rhodes would have banged it in, we'd have been 2-0 up and Brighton would have been under massive pressure.

Simple fact is you were lucky to draw. Not because we had the better number of chances, but because we took our chances and our goalkeeper was having a good game.

Get over this pathetic excuse making and move on. Take a point in which you were lucky to get, much like you were lucky to get a point at Ewood when the referee awarded you a 97th minute penalty in the 5 mins of time added on.

"Lucky to get a point" he says

:lolol:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I can see you've got a healthy sense of humor. Must be lovely in your world. Shame you clearly know nothing whatsoever about football.

Tombo1984

Mar 9, 2011
Scumbag cheating shits !
Ref was an absolute tool as well almost certainly bullied at school
wanted to be a Policeman but was only fit to be a a Traffic Warden.

Here speaks the voice of someone who wasn't actually at the game me thinks?
"Ref was a absolute tool"?
Failed to give us (Rovers) a stonewall penalty for handball (hand to ball) and then gave you guys a daft penalty for handball (ball to hand) in which our player tried to move his hand away from the ball when yours had basically became the goalkeeper for 5 seconds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here