Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we lose and Boro win is our season over?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
No it's worse than that...

A draw and our season is over. And anything less than 3 points on Tuesday it is as well.

Last chance saloon now.

We have no realistic chance of finishing above 7th if we don't get 6 points from the next 2.

We'll know by about 7pm if we are still in with a chance of the playoffs.

If we start to lose touch with the play off teams, perhaps JFC and Toby will get a few starts? Every cloud etc...

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Thinking about our training grounds and youth 'academy', I wondrr if it's even a club priority to go up this season?
Would we compete without buying a new set of players? We are not going to match Shampton's record even, so we ought to just accept next season in this league

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I will eat my seagulls hat if Gus starts with one winger let alone two.

well then it's a tentative ,three steps forward two steps back , frustrating as f*** 0-1 probably innit...?? last nights result should be a good lesson for us .......coming back from 2-0 down away from home shows nuts , a will to win and a rather clever bit of management. can you eat it with chopsticks and video yourself and put it on u-toob plz.

- - - Updated - - -

Thinking about our training grounds and youth 'academy', I wondrr if it's even a club priority to go up this season?
Would we compete without buying a new set of players? We are not going to match Shampton's record even, so we ought to just accept next season in this league

agrre but it would be nice to HAVE A f***ing GO AT IT.....wouldn't it..?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
couldn't agree less........we have some very talented players......the team just needs a few tweaks and we will start winning......from then on its a confidence thing.......

.the other team cant attack if they are being shredded down the wings by will and kaz.......bung hammond in there for an extra areial threat.........i think we have the personnel it's more a case of who gets a start.
Isn't that what I said, "A few small changes".

Disagree about Hammond pushing on, we need to try playing two out and out strikers and maybe take a few risks at times. Look at Palace, there success is based on playing higher up the pitch and not fannying around playing the ball between the back for at a pedestrian pace.

Yes we have the players but not the system, formation or confidence.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Isn't that what I said, "A few small changes".

Disagree about Hammond pushing on, we need to try playing two out and out strikers and maybe take a few risks at times. Look at Palace, there success is based on playing higher up the pitch and not fannying around playing the ball between the back for at a pedestrian pace.

Yes we have the players but not the system, formation or confidence.

i just disagreed with the get ready for next season bit..........the players need to have a fuckin go........
better to go out with a bang than just fizzle out and bore the supporters to sleep...!! don't get me wrong ,i'm not bagging gus ,
there doesn't appear to be an awful lot of team spirit........the players need to "fire up".... perhaps some flamenco music before kick off or perhaps a bullfight in the centre circle might help.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
i just disagreed with the get ready for next season bit..........the players need to have a fuckin go........
better to go out with a bang than just fizzle out and bore the supporters to sleep...!! don't get me wrong ,i'm not bagging gus ,
there doesn't appear to be an awful lot of team spirit........the players need to "fire up".... perhaps some flamenco music before kick off or perhaps a bullfight in the centre circle might help.
Totally agree but looking at the league table and our inability to beat teams above us our Play-Off chances are small. Now is the time for Gus to be a bit more flamboyant and take that style into the forthcoming season.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Totally agree but looking at the league table and our inability to beat teams above us our Play-Off chances are small. Now is the time for Gus to be a bit more flamboyant and take that style into the forthcoming season.

so if we win 4-0 tomorrow will you still feel the same.......?? the quality is there , the attitude isn't...don't think you can coach attitude.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Of course our season isn't over - although the side need to get a winning run going during the next couple of weeks if they want to be in the shake-up at the end of the season. Bearing in mind it's The Albion we're talking about, absolutely anything is possible. :wink:

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
so if we win 4-0 tomorrow will you still feel the same.......?? the quality is there , the attitude isn't...don't think you can coach attitude.
Even with a win it's still a tall order to gain a Play Off spot,current form is against us. There is nothing wrong with the players attitude they play the current system really well the problem is the formation and not the players.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I think if we seriously think we can make the play offs we have to win tonight! I think Gus knows it, all his talk about taking risks proves that. If we can start putting these sides away at home, we will get back in the top 6. If we make silly mistakes and make it hard for ourselves, then it's over. But with Ulloa, we have a real chance now.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
we need to stop f***ing about and start winning games and collecting points..........if we could batter hull it would put the wind up the other teams in the race........see dobbie got a start last night......another cast off deemed not good enough gets game time at a club above us in the league , i think if we make the play offs this season it would be invaluable experience for the team for next season.......i don't think we would benefit from going up this year tbh...although TB would obviously love the wonga............we need to sharpen upand start burying teams rather than pissing about in our own half....imho of course.

Spot on.

- - - Updated - - -

we need to stop f***ing about and start winning games and collecting points..........if we could batter hull it would put the wind up the other teams in the race........see dobbie got a start last night......another cast off deemed not good enough gets game time at a club above us in the league , i think if we make the play offs this season it would be invaluable experience for the team for next season.......i don't think we would benefit from going up this year tbh...although TB would obviously love the wonga............we need to sharpen upand start burying teams rather than pissing about in our own half....imho of course.

Spot on.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Same story both seasons in this league. We spend the close season gelling and start the season top of the league and scoring for fun. Along comes the transfer window and the balance is upset with new players bedding in and changing the dynamics within the squad.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wow! How did our expectations get to be so high so soon? We're a more-or-less just-promoted club, should by rights still be finding our feet in this division, and here we are within touching distance of a play-off place to the Premier League. Any talk of our season being over is ridiculously premature. IMHO our season's only over if we finish in a lower position than we did last season. Onwards and upwards always!
:albion:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No, there's still another 15 matches to go. However, if we lose, getting in the play-offs will be made much harder ... :lolol:

The still mathematically possible argument, when in reality it never happens.

If the events mentioned do occur, its a case of forget about Feb to May unfortunately, try not too
get too jealous of the focused excellence on varying budgets of Hull, Palace, Cardiff, Leicester, Boro and Watford, and think ahead to

Summer clear out

Find out what Bruno, Bridge and Vicente want to do

Transfer acquistions.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Wow! How did our expectations get to be so high so soon? We're a more-or-less just-promoted club, should by rights still be finding our feet in this division, and here we are within touching distance of a play-off place to the Premier League. Any talk of our season being over is ridiculously premature. IMHO our season's only over if we finish in a lower position than we did last season. Onwards and upwards always!

This......the fat lady is not even in the building yet, let alone gargling with benelin, clearing her throat and testing her tonsils ( nothing to do with singing i know) All to play for and yes if we dont get 6 points today and tuesday it will be a very tough ask....not impossible but tough to make the play-offs.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I will eat my seagulls hat if Gus starts with one winger let alone two.

Noted..please set up webcam

- - - Updated - - -

with u there old boy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here