Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

would you trade points for poyet?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Chelsea haven't done too badly. Several Premierships, several FA Cups and a European Champions League.

And a neverending bottomless pit of cash funding a squad of world class Internationals.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
6 points now, and possibly none for the rest of the season? I don't think so. I am still hopeful of a squad of players, all comfortable of playing the Gus way, taking us to the Premiership within the next 3 years.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Chelsea haven't done too badly. Several Premierships, several FA Cups and a European Champions League.

Which is a pretty big under achievement with the amount of money they have spent. And they've done it at the price of being the club with the biggest lack of class in the country. Anyone who wants us to be like them should f*** off and go and support them. We are doing things the right way, so give it time.

As Easy 10 said, if we drove Gus out we would be the laughing stock of English football. People would think it was utterly ridiculous, and they'd be right.

Which is a pretty big under achievement with the amount of money they have spent. And they've done it at the price of being the club with the biggest lack of class in the country. Anyone who wants us to be like them should f*** off and go and support them. We are doing things the right way, so give it time.

As Easy 10 said, if we drove Gus out we would be the LAUGHING STOCK OF ENGLISH FOOTBALL. People would think it was utterly ridiculous, and they'd be right.

I THINK THE WHOLE OF ENGLISH FOOTBALL IF NOT THE WORLD ARE WATCHING OUR EVERY MOVE:blush:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Er, maybe but they have £billions. Are they happy fighting for top 4 finish, out of CL? Very much doubt it.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Gus Poyet getting the sack today would draw a LOT of media attention.

And then a LOT of pointing and laughing our way.

I am not for sacking Gus, you are right it would get a lot of media attention.
We have only won 10 games this season only 2 more then bottom of the league Peterborough.

Being a laughing stock would surely depend on who they replaced him with!
Football managers lose their jobs all the time, but in a few days time it would be old chip paper.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I am not for sacking Gus, you are right it would get a lot of media attention.
We have only won 10 games this season only 2 more then bottom of the league Peterborough.

Being a laughing stock would surely depend on who they replaced him with!
Football managers lose their jobs all the time, but in a few days time it would be old chip paper.

True, but that would not make it any less of a monumentally bone-headed decision. Tony Bloom would have to be a complete WEAPON to sack Poyet at this time.

Fortunately for us, Tony Bloom is about as far from being a complete weapon as is possible. Unlike a small minority on here.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Thank the Lord that Mr Bloom is in charge and not any foreign consortium, chicken owners or NSCers. TB loves our club and would only take action that benefits our wonderful team. I trust him implicitly.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
True, but that would not make it any less of a monumentally bone-headed decision. Tony Bloom would have to be a complete WEAPON to sack Poyet at this time.

Fortunately for us, Tony Bloom is about as far from being a complete weapon as is possible. Unlike a small minority on here.

I've never heard the word WEAPON used as an insult before. :lolol:

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

I think people think the problem is Gus. When the problem is we are a small fish in a big pond who is doing very well. If we lose Gus we will take a big step backwards

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
If the morons on here actually got their wish and saw Poyet sacked tonight, this club would instantly become a laughing stock amongst fans and media. A LAUGHING stock. Who do you think we are ??

Poyet is widely acknowledged as being one of the brightest and most progressive young managers in the game. He sets his team up to play a patient passing game which took L1 by storm, and has propelled us from the arse-end of the division below, to the top half of the Championship in a little over 3 years. There are many, many clubs who would jump at the chance of employing Gus's services. He's a world famous name who players WANT to come and play for, and our style of football has drawn plaudits from neutrals and the media alike.

Does he get everything right ? Of course not, he's still an inexperienced manager cutting his teeth at his first job. But its only the impatient DILBERTS on here who think that contending for a Playoff spot is some kind of failure. This is a tough league, with some big clubs, who have been at this level and above for far longer than us and have some serious spending power. We're not paupers in this division by any means, but neither are we the "billy big-bollocks" club who, according to some, should be romping the thing.

I think some of you TOOLS would honestly prefer a revolving door of managers, like at Forest and Blackburn, where Tony hires and fires NOT on the basis of a long-term project, but on a run of form during any given couple of months in the season. "My god, its February. We're only EIGHTH and we just got beat at Sheffield Wednesday. Cheers Gus old son, but its not working is it".

Grow up for fucks sake.

99% of people in the Amex say THIS

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If the morons on here actually got their wish and saw Poyet sacked tonight, this club would instantly become a laughing stock amongst fans and media. A LAUGHING stock. Who do you think we are ??

Poyet is widely acknowledged as being one of the brightest and most progressive young managers in the game. He sets his team up to play a patient passing game which took L1 by storm, and has propelled us from the arse-end of the division below, to the top half of the Championship in a little over 3 years. There are many, many clubs who would jump at the chance of employing Gus's services. He's a world famous name who players WANT to come and play for, and our style of football has drawn plaudits from neutrals and the media alike.

Does he get everything right ? Of course not, he's still an inexperienced manager cutting his teeth at his first job. But its only the impatient DILBERTS on here who think that contending for a Playoff spot is some kind of failure. This is a tough league, with some big clubs, who have been at this level and above for far longer than us and have some serious spending power. We're not paupers in this division by any means, but neither are we the "billy big-bollocks" club who, according to some, should be romping the thing.

I think some of you TOOLS would honestly prefer a revolving door of managers, like at Forest and Blackburn, where Tony hires and fires NOT on the basis of a long-term project, but on a run of form during any given couple of months in the season. "My god, its February. We're only EIGHTH and we just got beat at Sheffield Wednesday. Cheers Gus old son, but its not working is it".

Grow up for fucks sake.

That'll do nicely. This.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here