Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many sth didn't attend today?

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I'm a season ticket holder in WSL along with my 10 year old son. He had to go with his mum to see his Auntie in Devon over the weekend and I promised him I wouldn't go without him.

Wow. What a great promise to keep. I bow down to you sir!!

Why are so many people always looking for someone to blame on here? If its not Barber it's the price of tickets, if its not the price of tickets it's because we have loads of so called new fans! I'm a season ticket holder but couldn't make it today, wanted to be there but couldn't. Nothing to do with price, Barber, pies, standing terraces......just had other commitments. Sorry for letting you down, must do better in future!
THREE OF US GAVE IT A MISS BECAUSE OF PRICE:ohmy:

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
3 of us decided that the economics of game + refreshments coupled with (so last season)not really that fantastic an opposition versus the ITV experience at limited cost meant that our money stayed in our wallets for a (hopefully more attractive fixture in the next round.
Our win was expected and I would rather spend my money on a trip to luton away in the next round than newcastle at home.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Can't understand why any STH would have wanted to miss that... the only reason can surely be the ticket price.

Correct. 3 STH - Me, Mrs Earle and Super Steve Jr. £120 for 3 tickets or £0 with a couple of cuppas and lunch by the TV in the warm with insights from Gordon Smith, decent coverage and instant replays.

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
I know I've had a few beers, but I read this thread title as:

"How many sith didn't attend today?"

I'm sure Pardew would have liked Darth Vader to have made an appearance and annihilate the Mighty Albion today!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Correct. 3 STH - Me, Mrs Earle and Super Steve Jr. £120 for 3 tickets or £0 with a couple of cuppas and lunch by the TV in the warm with insights from Gordon Smith, decent coverage and instant replays.

Although to be fair two adult and a child in the family stand is a lot less than that. After all we had three ns adult tickets for £84

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Speaking as "Super Steve Jr." I can vouch for that. Plus I had another commitment today which was booked way in advance of the 3rd Round draw.

Sorry to have missed it though but sounded like those who attended gave a good effort on the support front...

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
bhawoddy,

If we got Chelsea in the next round of the cup - I'd be even less inclined
to go than I was today.

As Frank Skinner said about the WBA v QPR cup match himself today:

'doesn't float my boat any more'.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Absolutely delighted that the miserable twits behind me never bothered to turn up today, the game was far more enjoyable for having those in attendance that were more interested in the team actually doing well this afternoon.

I'm a STH and that performance was worth every penny and a shout out to the crowd too who played their part in a memorable day.

GatwickEmployee

Aug 30, 2008
Horley, Surrey
Work commitments, work in retail so can't have every saturday off, 1st home game I've missed all season, and unfortunately it won't be the last. Nothing to do with ticket prices, just fell on my weekend to work. So sorry!! Please forgive me

GatwickEmployee

Aug 30, 2008
Horley, Surrey
Work commitments, work in retail so can't have every saturday off, 1st home game I've missed all season, and unfortunately it won't be the last. Nothing to do with ticket prices, just fell on my weekend to work. So sorry!! Please forgive me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here