Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many sth didn't attend today?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
There was a procession of people coming into the North Stand with paper tickets trying to find their seats.

Quagmire

Jul 29, 2011
Quaghog, Rhode Island
There were not many STH's in the WSL. Where I sit is normally entirely season tickets but today less then half of them turned up.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I wouldn't like to say how many STH weren't there today, i'd guess from my observations more were absent then what has been guessed so far. I make this comment on the following assumption.
Rows of empty seats in the west upper, many regulars not present.
Loads of people at the bus stop for the football special with paper tickets and no idea what bus to get on (new fans are a good thing, this isn't a criticism)
The queue at the station immediately after final whistle was by far the biggest (both ways) i have ever seen, so many people didn't know the concourses were open after full time and so went straight to the station.
There was an atmosphere. More people trying to sing then normal. (magic of the cup?)
All of this would point to people going today who don't normally attend, the reasons why this may be have been covered elsewhere.
Me and the mrs as STH had a great day....

I would also agree, a lot of first time people around us today. They had a good day and would return again. All helps when the north is finished and no doubt it will bring in more STH next season. It shows that there is a market out now for getting more people in to watch Brighton.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I wouldn't like to say how many STH weren't there today, i'd guess from my observations more were absent then what has been guessed so far. I make this comment on the following assumption.
Rows of empty seats in the west upper, many regulars not present.
Loads of people at the bus stop for the football special with paper tickets and no idea what bus to get on (new fans are a good thing, this isn't a criticism)
The queue at the station immediately after final whistle was by far the biggest (both ways) i have ever seen, so many people didn't know the concourses were open after full time and so went straight to the station.
There was an atmosphere. More people trying to sing then normal. (magic of the cup?)
All of this would point to people going today who don't normally attend, the reasons why this may be have been covered elsewhere.
Me and the mrs as STH had a great day....

steady on, these are close to facts! i know a number of casual/new fans that went today because 1) availability of tickets, 2) they didn't have to buy the most expensive ticket, and 3) they were bought a ticket for xmas. i'm a sth and wouldnt have missed it for the world. what puzzles me is that if tickets had been £5 cheaper more STH would have gone - would they?- its only a fiver.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
If you like football enough - and like your team enough - to buy a season ticket, then I would think football would be pretty important to you. Not being critical of anyone who didn't want to attend, especially given the prices, but the number surprised me.
Fair enough. I am a season ticket holder but work around the home games. Went in earlier today and finished at 12 and quickly got home to watch. Loved to have gone but still feel the excitement and joy of winning as if I had been there. Win win all around and extra money in the bank for me.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Call me a bad fan but I saved thirty five quid and watched in comfort with friends, beer in hand and food fresh from the oven. No regrets, had best view. Don't feel guilty, club got plenty of cash from ITV and I am sure there were plenty of first time fans who will go again. Win win all round. Looking forward to Derby on Saturday.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
more than £30 matey.....ST x 2 ESU = £70, petrol 240 mile round trip £35, food and drink £20, programme £3...hat trick £2////all in all about £100

yeh, blame Barber for you living in Swindon.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I couldn't care if STHs didn't attend, if they didn't want to pay £28 to watch today then it's their loss.

Not aimed at those who had other commitments or just simply couldn't afford it.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Think this has been done to the death now,I would hope the club got the message.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
then the match by match prices are too high ???

My ST in WSU is £490 which equates to £21.30 per match. The match day price for my seat is £32. That is an increase of 50.25%.

On the one hand I can see that match day prices should be high so to encourage the take up of ST's. On the other hand too high match day prices inevitably ends up with unsold tickets for all bar a few matches, and when cup matches come round many STH's flinch at having to pay normal match day prices. A delicate balancing act for those who decide these things.

These figures are a bit skewed this year as STH's paid £30 extra for travel or £1.30 per match, whereas match day prices went up £4 for travel this year. Last year it would have been £20 vs £28 which is still 40%.

Sorry for all the figures............

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
more than £30 matey.....ST x 2 ESU = £70, petrol 240 mile round trip £35, food and drink £20, programme £3...hat trick £2////all in all about £140

Fair enough 'swindonseagull' I live a twenty minute walk away from the ground so a big UP:clap2::clap2: to you and yours. I spent £50.00 quid on booze today(not all for myself tho):drink::D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here