Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
i used to think that he was less use than a pedal-powered wheelchair... however i am growing to him and can tell that he is a strong player when played in the right positions. first half today he looked top quality but unfortunately didnt show too much in the second half

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It can't be a coincidence that we play better with him in the team.

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
I thought Barnes had a good game today, chased back, won some important tackles and defensive headers. Held the ball up well on occasion as well.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
As with AeA, Gus knows what he does for the side and expert numbnuts in the crowd he ignores.
It is blatantly clear his value is high in every sense - GREAT player!

Dec 29, 2011
Played very well today, as did all the players. Won his fair share of headers + tackles, held the ball up at times, rarely lost it and passed it around nicely. I couldn't really tell the position he played today, seemed to just play everywhere and was an extra man incase someone got caught up with the ball. Good performance.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
He certainly played better than I can recall...... he still however offered no goal threat whatsoever.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
But seeing as he wasn't playing upfront, that would be understandable no?

Stop it, nor was Hammond or Orlandi but they at least threatened didn't they?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
As with AeA, Gus knows what he does for the side and expert numbnuts in the crowd he ignores.
It is blatantly clear his value is high in every sense - GREAT player!

Exactly this. Well said.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Let's face it,Barnes was shit for a few weeks and needed dropping,came back and looks to have regained some form.thats all really.

This is a sensible post. He linked up well with Lopez too which always help. Barnes has a lot of attributes which seem to go unnoticed by quite a few supporters. He can tackle, head, track back, hold the ball up, shoot and more than anything he's determined which is something we need in our team at times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here