Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Photography thread

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
As previously stated, I am beginner to this but definitely having fun, please be gentle. Just stuck a few photo's on flickr, http://www.flickr.com/photos/80177168@N04/ any constructive advice greatfully received.

I went down to the West Pier last Sunday, there was a great sky, unfortunately I am very disappointed with the pictures. I think some of them I have good composition but depth of field is not correct, others I have got depth of field correct but composition not great. I have not put any of these pic's on flickr yet but did go to the Brighton Eye afterwards and posted a couple of these. The rest are from my garden the other day, all taken without a tripod. I went back inside, checked the photo's grabbed the tripod and the dew had all gone! Only afterwards a friend said he uses a water spray bottle, wish I had thought of that!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
As previously stated, I am beginner to this but definitely having fun, please be gentle. Just stuck a few photo's on flickr, http://www.flickr.com/photos/80177168@N04/ any constructive advice greatfully received.

I went down to the West Pier last Sunday, there was a great sky, unfortunately I am very disappointed with the pictures. I think some of them I have good composition but depth of field is not correct, others I have got depth of field correct but composition not great. I have not put any of these pic's on flickr yet but did go to the Brighton Eye afterwards and posted a couple of these. The rest are from my garden the other day, all taken without a tripod. I went back inside, checked the photo's grabbed the tripod and the dew had all gone! Only afterwards a friend said he uses a water spray bottle, wish I had thought of that!

Really good stuff loved the pink Brighton eye, keep it up.
Also some really good Autumn picture's here. Your Pictures: Autumn - Yahoo! News UK
This is my favourite Ashridge Ladys Walk 2012 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
A recent HDR picture - Shopping trolley in the River Stort

Trolley in the Stort HDR - jpeg.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I was at the West Pier last Sunday, only had my iPhone with me though.

I was sat with my 2 yr old and someone asked to take a photo of us sat in the foreground if their shot of the sunset beyond the pier. Very polite I thought, and gutted I didn't ask for an email for a look at the shots!

Anyway, the iphone didn't do too badly with my other 2 kids...

i_2012111910380939.jpg

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Does anyone have any experience of the Sigma 18-250 lens? I want a walk around lens which means I don't always have to take all my kit out with me and this fits the bill at a reasonable price in comparison to the equivalent Nikon version.

Anyone got or used one?

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
If anyone's interested i got a canon fit sigma 17-35mm f2.8-f4.5 for sale.
Will work well on older canon but for newer canon would need to be re-chipped

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Do any of you know a place to buy a 20.3 MP camera for around £250?
Found a couple of Sonys for that price at 18.2 MP.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Found a couple of Sonys for that price at 18.2 MP.

Megapixels are a bit of a gimmick. It's more about the sensor than the number of pixels. You could get an old Canon Eos with 6MP that takes a better picture than most of these compact cameras with 15-18MP, although technology is catching up very quickly...

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Megapixels are a bit of a gimmick. It's more about the sensor than the number of pixels. You could get an old Canon Eos with 6MP that takes a better picture than most of these compact cameras with 15-18MP, although technology is catching up very quickly...
Ok then, What's the best Camera for around £250?
In terms of picture quality.

SeagullSongs

Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is that shit? I don't really know much about cameras...
You only need a lot of MP for massive prints (or crops). As above, don't assume more pixels is better, with cheap cameras it's not the case.

Are you after an automatic compact camera, or a DSLR, or in between?

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

SeagullSongs

Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
This is a bridge camera. I wish I had bought this one instead of my Canon SX40. I am not sure these types of camera are very good for close-ups. And the very long lens does not produce very clear pictures.

I had a Fuji S100FS and it could focus on my finger when it was touching the lens. The long shots were pretty good when I went on a safari too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here