Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some views from Derby fans

Dec 29, 2011
Taken from:
Brighton Hove Albion v Derby County - Matchday Talk - DCFC Fans - Page 5

Seem like a nice bunch of lads, and they put into reality how far we've come, being considered a "decent top 6 side" where "we didn't really expect to get anything".

Bit of a reality check tonight up against a decent top 6 side

We didn't sound awful, but Brighton had Vicente and LuaLua and so had the better quality. A fair result on reflection.

I don't buy all the "We are a massive club and we deserve this, this and this...." but it beats me how a club like Brighton who have been financially crippled for the past decade have managed such success without over doing it. They have spent sensibly on good NPC players and won't be shafted by any FFPP ruling or anything similair. Great time to be a BHA FC fan, especially now they've moved from the Withdean. Whats the difference? Do they have a better manager than us or have they used whats available to them more wisely?

I'd of been disappointed if someone had told me pre-season that we won't even be competing as well as Brighton and Hove Albion will be.

Just had a look on their forums, they're hailing Vicente as the new messiah, and one poster complained about how dirty we were, and that a 'team who is outclassed often resorts to such ugly tactics'. Coming from a supporter of the dirtiest team in the league. They've all become so arrogrant all of a sudden.

they had several quality players sadly

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Kind words from them.

Just had a look on their forums, they're hailing Vicente as the new messiah, and one poster complained about how dirty we were, and that a 'team who is outclassed often resorts to such ugly tactics'. Coming from a supporter of the dirtiest team in the league. They've all become so arrogrant all of a sudden.
I didn't think they were dirty. I thought the ref gave us a few soft free-kicks in the first 20 minutes, but KLL was a nightmare for them and they did end up committing a lot of fouls (but not nasty ones).

As for Vicente, they just have to remember we've been in the lower leagues for years, so someone of Vicente's quality is a messiah to us.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Is it arrogant to tell the truth?

As for not knowing who Vicente is :nono::nono::nono:

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
The BBC stats show 18 fouls by them compared to nine by us. And they got 3 yellow cards compared to our one.

Watching the match, there were so many times when they were trying to play catch-up with our players - especially Lua Lua and Vicente of course - hence the number of fouls by their players because they were flailing desperately in their wake.

Anyway, we won, we played as a team with plenty of flashes of sheer brilliance - and it was great to watch!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Kind words from them.

I didn't think they were dirty. I thought the ref gave us a few soft free-kicks in the first 20 minutes, but KLL was a nightmare for them and they did end up committing a lot of fouls (but not nasty ones).

As for Vicente, they just have to remember we've been in the lower leagues for years, so someone of Vicente's quality is a messiah to us.

Try telling that to Beach Hut and a few other footballing non entities on another thread... seem to have got all hot under the collar with me for daring to suggest Derby were no 'dirtier' than anyone else we have faced this season.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Kind words from them.

they should have had 3 blokes booked in the first 5 minutes..... we would have had at least two players sent off at pride park if we had tackled like they did - dirty midland bastards!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
they should have had 3 blokes booked in the first 5 minutes..... we would have had at least two players sent off at pride park if we had tackled like they did - dirty midland bastards!

Surely that is down to the ref?

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
only that foul on barnes and calderon would i say was actually dirty, all the others were 'good' fouls to slow play down, stop the momentum, which everyteam does, including us, just because we were out fould by them, doesnt mean were saints

To be fair Mattock, who I thought had a very good game, was very lucky not to get a yellow in the second half for a very late tackle so the refs decisions tonight were "swings and roundabouts" as far as I was concerned.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
yet another person who says we're the dirtiest club in the league. When dodgy refereeing has been the cause of a lot of cards this season.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Kind words from them.

I agree that they weren't dirty but they certainly were not soft free kicks. There were about 5 or 6 fouls that took out our player deliberately, not dangerously but certainly deliberately, and after the 3rd or 4th, the ref should have booked someone but it was not until after about the 6th they got a booking. The first incident I think was on Lua Lua near the right corner flag and had it happened later in the game it would have been a booking but as it was the first couple of minute the ref let it go, and the next and the next and so on. Thought the ref was pretty poor for that alone.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I agree that they weren't dirty but they certainly were not soft free kicks. There were about 5 or 6 fouls that took out our player deliberately, not dangerously but certainly deliberately
Over the whole game, I agree that they committed a mixtures of deliberate and clumsy tackles. I just thought that a few that went our way in the first 20 minutes were soft (I could be wrong, but did have a decent view).

They were outclassed and resorted to kicking - not the first team to do so at the Amex and won't be the last.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I agree that they weren't dirty but they certainly were not soft free kicks. There were about 5 or 6 fouls that took out our player deliberately, not dangerously but certainly deliberately, and after the 3rd or 4th, the ref should have booked someone but it was not until after about the 6th they got a booking. The first incident I think was on Lua Lua near the right corner flag and had it happened later in the game it would have been a booking but as it was the first couple of minute the ref let it go, and the next and the next and so on. Thought the ref was pretty poor for that alone.

This is the best summation I have seen of the refs performance, lots of deliberate but not malicious fouls from Derby last night. There number 6 was very lucky to stay on the field as he mouthed off to the ref at least twice after he had been booked.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I remember back in the day with our first spell in the championship and i think we beat derby away 1-0... I remember hearing their fans saying we should beat teams like Brighton, they arn't of our quality etc.... Nice for those views to change.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Never thought of them as dirty at all last night. They just came up against a MARAUDING Kazenga Lua Lua and any defender in the league would have struggled against him last night. Fouls were inevitable the way he played.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here