Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I stumbled upon this little reminder for us [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] while looking up 'make your own energy bars' recipes:-

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thanks Stat, the ride the other day is a good reminder for me to fuel up properly. Her in doors has just made a batch of homemade flapjacks. :thumbsup:
Mine are in the oven as i type.
Although we've made 'energy bars'!!

In an unusual move for me, ive crammed all kinds of fruit and seeds into these bad boys.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As t'thread is here, I'll ask this early.

Chaps, how is 2015 shaping up when compared to 2014?

I thought I was doing well until I looked at [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION]'s comparison (oh how I like to chuckle at your Wednesday route!! and a :wave: from earlier)
I just have one more simple milestone to attain, and am very happy with my year.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I
As t'thread is here, I'll ask this early.

Chaps, how is 2015 shaping up when compared to 2014?

I thought I was doing well until I looked at [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION]'s comparison (oh how I like to chuckle at your Wednesday route!! and a :wave: from earlier)
I just have one more simple milestone to attain, and am very happy with my year.

:p

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Chaps, if you are in London over the next couple of days and in the London Bridge area then do pop along to the http://www.embassyteagallery.co.uk/

Alf Engers was the first guy to do the 25 mile time trial at an average of 30 mph - long before skin suits etc.

We sent 3 photographers along to meet him and shoot him. The results are on display here.

Remarkable chap.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alf_Engers

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone going for a pre-football leg stretch, tomorrow morning?

I doubt I'll be able to make it all the way over to Brighton and back, but can meet up at Coombes or Washington.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
An absolute stunner of a morning yet here I am watching A-league.

Mind you, if your bike is going to be a wheel down, you'd want it to be when the weather is shite and/or when you have man 'flu.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
An absolute stunner of a morning yet here I am watching A-league.

Mind you, if your bike is going to be a wheel down, you'd want it to be when the weather is shite and/or when you have man 'flu.

It certainly was a lovely morning.
There's not much better than getting a good ride in during the best part of the day.

I even found a good Lezyne back light flashing at me through Worthing.
It took a couple of seconds for me to register what it was, stop, get off, and clip clop back down the road.
All the while telling the 2 cars behind, 'don't run it over'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey geeks that was fun.

It would have been rude to not ride along Littlehampton seafront with a tail wind.

I ran out of gears on 52/11, my cadence peaked at 115 rpm, speed 36.2 mph, and I'm still only 8th on the leaderboard :facepalm:

Great fun although the 90 degree bend at the end was not for the faint hearted.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Blimey geeks that was fun.

It would have been rude to not ride along Littlehampton seafront with a tail wind.

I ran out of gears on 52/11, my cadence peaked at 115 rpm, speed 36.2 mph, and I'm still only 8th on the leaderboard :facepalm:

Great fun although the 90 degree bend at the end was not for the faint hearted.

Good stuff!

A couple of side roads had vicious crosswinds coming off them on the commute home today. Glad I ain't got the money for those fancy deep rim carbon wheels or else I would have probably come a cropper today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good stuff!

A couple of side roads had vicious crosswinds coming off them on the commute home today. Glad I ain't got the money for those fancy deep rim carbon wheels or else I would have probably come a cropper today.
We had the same, within 20 yards of the big effort we hit a massive crosswind wall that was funneled by blocks of flats.

We both got thrown right across the road, fortunately there wasn't any oncoming traffic.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Interesting commute westwards this morning. Particularly over the cliffs between Ovingdean and the Marina. The wind felt like it was gonna pick me up and deposit me in the middle of the dual carriageway.

I don't think I pedalled on the way home...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here