Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves to bid for Lewis Dunk?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I haven't heard or read it anywhere, but QPR clearly need a defender or two, and do appear to be preparing themselves for a few additions in January.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We sell Dunk for millions, then promote Cook.

Then we sell Cook and promote Hall.

Then we sell Hall and promote Vickers.

That's how it works.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Wolves are very likely going to be a Championship club next season....so likely to be on a par with us. yES they are a bigger club than us but he won't be bettering himself much.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Two or three years ago it was Elphick to Wolves. How times change!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Well with Christmas fast approaching, we'll soon be in silly season as regards transfer rumours.

Let the madness begin.....

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Not a bad deal I think .. we have plenty of cover here and could use the £ to strengthen elsewhere

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I haven't heard this one from a local source, but wouldn't be surprised. Wolves need a young, confident central defender to play alongside Roger Johnson - Stearman has been shocking and Craddock isn't a spring chicken. I think Wolves will break the bank to bring in a decent centre back and a Kenwe Jones-esque striker. In fact a little birdie has already told me that McCarthy is after Kenwe Jones.

Wolves stadium re-development is dependent on their continued Premier League status. If they stay up, next season they will be tearing down one whole side of the ground and continuing round from the end that they are currently building.

For that reason, they will make money available to bring in the right players. I do, however, think that Dunk can do better.

Stumpy Tim

We won't sell him for less than £5m. I would take that, promote Cook (as first reserve behind El Abd and Greer) and use the money to buy Reyes (to play in midfield please Gus) and a partner for CMS.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
If Dunk is collecting all these bookings in the Championship, how much quicker will he receive them in the Prem?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Andy Naylor has been hinting for the last 2/3 weeks that Dunk will be off in January

We saw Dunk enter the 1st team due to the AeA injury absence.
Adam is back, but now we know how good Dunk is it'll seem like a loss to see him go.

Can we call ourselves ambitious though, if we sell every improving youth coming through? Financially, we will eventually have to pay all we make, for a replacement of similar talent.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
We won't sell him for less than £5m. I would take that, promote Cook (as first reserve behind El Abd and Greer) and use the money to buy Reyes (to play in midfield please Gus) and a partner for CMS.

£5m quid is allot of money for a lad who has played a handful of games at Championship level. If we get offered anywhere close to that then we should snap their hands off.

Stumpy Tim

£5m quid is allot of money for a lad who has played a handful of games at Championship level. If we get offered anywhere close to that then we should snap their hands off.

We don't need the money though. A few years ago we would have sold him for £1.5m, now we don't need to. One team will pay it - my money is on Chelsea or Villa

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

That sounds a bit OTT to me.

D

Deleted member 18477

I'd sell him for 5 million. But he'd be mad to go to wolves!!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Has a figure been mentioned then?

It's only a sensible deal at a good price.

Not that I've seen just basing it on the speculation here a couple of months ago. I think the £5M mentioned by stumpy is a bit ambitious but if we could get something like £3M I think it's good business.

Regards NMH point about being ambitious I'd agree if we didn't have cover ... but CB is where we have the most. I'd defo not want to see the likes of Bridcutt/CMS or any of the wide men going (and can't see any others attracting except a few sell off's maybe)

TB hasn't got bottomless pockets and I think the club could use the dough to build.

It's that time of year for speculation and we could well see Dunk here in Feb but if a decent offer came in I reckon we'd take it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here