Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Obscure" US TV choices - recommendations please

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
New series on Syfy called Defiance, starts over here on April 16th 9pm, getting good ratings. A computer game that ties in with the show is being launched at the same time.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Good first episode of GOT season 3. Peter Dinklage still the best actor in the show. Sundays are cool again

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
watch 'Revolution'.... i think they've started showing it on Sky... it is quite possibly the WORST piece of television i have ever seen. it really is "so bad it's good"...i love it! great concept, terrible script, annoying actors, godawful acting and more plot holes than you can shake a drinking game at. highly recommended.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Good first episode of GOT season 3. Peter Dinklage still the best actor in the show. Sundays are cool again

Looking forward to seeing it tonight on Sky Atlantic.

Its probably my favourite thing on TV these days.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Do we reckon the older woman is based on anyone? I'm not that au fait with country music, apart from the legendary Dolly & Kenny of course.

A combination of Faith Hill and Reba McEntire, according to the creator of the show.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Big fan of 'the following' sky Atlantic Tuesday nights. 8/10 from me, you need to watch series from start to understand whole storyline.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Thanks to Lyndhurst14 for recommending 'Bored To Death' I've watch most of it and I've really enjoyed it.
I mentioned a new show earlier in this thread: 'Cult', it wasn't half bad but it's been pulled after 8 episodes, there are at least 4 existing episodes unaired. It's always a risk when you start watching a new American tv show!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Just want to say thanks to this thread, from the reccomendations, I've just watched all of Weeds in about a month, for some reason I thought it was some teeny Beverley Hills kind of thing. In fact, it's in some unholy middle ground between Breaking Bad & Desperate Housewives. Genuinely funny & great plots.

She's an absolute babe as well isn't she.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Seen Defiance and think it outperforms Revolution.

Gig shout for The Americans..... how KGB agents were deep cover in eighties US - superior TV!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seen Defiance and think it outperforms Revolution.

Gig shout for The Americans..... how KGB agents were deep cover in eighties US - superior TV!
I've heard nothing but fantastic reviews of The Americans.

I will definitely be getting in on the ground floor, with that one.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The TV mini-series of Steven King’s “Under the dome” starts tonight in the States. It’s been getting good reviews; it’s produced by Steven Spielberg’s TV company and it has Dean Norris from ‘Breaking Bad’ in the cast. I liked the novel so will be interested to see what it turns out like.

Govinda Tim

Apr 13, 2012
Brighton
A Canadian show called "Trailer Park Boys". Spoof Documentary about 2 wide boy, incompetent drug dealers :smokin: and petty crooks and the trials and tribulations of living in a trailer park. Superb cast with some fine actors. First 2 series filmed on a tight budget which sometimes shows but just adds to the authentic look. An acquired taste, but once you watch a couple of episodes, you'll be hooked!!

:O

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Warehouse 13, Fringe is brilliant but sadly ended , Once Upon a Time has just started very good so far

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
very old series called "V"
science fiction first series was OK but second was shite and I would imagine now a bit dated

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here