Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Davies

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think Gus made a mistake in letting him go as he is better than some of the strikers we had here last season imo. I think he'll do OK as he seems to have his confidence back now, whereas here he just got shit from the crowd pretty well all the time.

Hope he goes to a Championship club as I think I'll be proved right on this one

No I don't think I know better than than Gus but he is human like us and quite capable of getting it wrong sometimes..probably

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Icy Gull , I agree, I think with the right coaching he had the potential to be a good striker

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I think Gus made a mistake in letting him go as he is better than some of the strikers we had here last season imo. I think he'll do OK as he seems to have his confidence back now, whereas here he just got shit from the crowd pretty well all the time.

Hope he goes to a Championship club as I think I'll be proved right on this one

No I don't think I know better than than Gus but he is human like us and quite capable of getting it wrong sometimes..probably
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. He was useless in front of goal. Good work ethic. It didn't happen for him at BHA.It goes like that sometimes.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Championship and Craig Davies in the same sentence without not in between? his level has been proven at league 2.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. He was useless in front of goal. Good work ethic. It didn't happen for him at BHA.It goes like that sometimes.

Nope I said he should be given a chance at the time we let him go, no hindsight here. There was a thread about how many goals he would score last season, just before Gus moved him on. There were a couple of others who thought he had potential too, most thought he was shit I agree.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Peterborough will replace CMS with him, and they will go down. He will then have a half decent season in league one.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Sounds like he'll be a target for Castoffs and Pastit FC.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I liked him. There, I said it.

He's a shitload better than the likes of Holroyd and Sandaza. Pacy, strong on the ball, hardworking, good attitude. I think he had all the attributes here except confidence. We were in a relegation battle, he missed some expensive sitters, the crowd got on his back and it just went downhill from there.

Not sure about Championship, but he could DEFINITELY cut it at a decent L1 club.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Nope I said he should be given a chance at the time we let him go, no hindsight here. There was a thread about how many goals he would score last season, just before Gus moved him on. There were a couple of others who thought he had potential too, most thought he was shit I agree.

I remember that thread and I was in agreement with you. He had pace and strength, but for some reason it didn't work out for him here. You can't really say Poyet did the wrong thing in moving him on as we finished the season as Champions. I would question whether he can cut it at Championship level however.

Nickols4

May 25, 2011
Dorking, Surrey.
Only saw him once, the mental 4-4 cup game at Wycombe. He shanked a great chance out for a throw-in i think, then buried an identical chance only for it to be falgged offside. Pretty much summed up his luck with us.
My mate took a plastic Peregrin Falcon to that game, Craaaaaaaaaaig Davies. Oh the laughs we had.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

He's a shitload better than the likes of Holroyd and Sandaza. Pacy, strong on the ball, hardworking, good attitude. I think he had all the attributes here except confidence. We were in a relegation battle, he missed some expensive sitters, the crowd got on his back and it just went downhill from there.

Not sure about Championship, but he could DEFINITELY cut it at a decent L1 club.

Agree with you that he didn't get the rub of the green with us in terms of finishing his chances, but he did get in the positions and created chances for himself. Just didn't work out with us which sometimes happens. Good luck to him.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Anyone on their high horse about him having "found his level" needs to think about it - we were one of the worst sides in L1 when he was here, he's just been top scorer with the best side in L2 - and we know how that can be a tough division. On a completely non-related note, I know Watford fans who have nothing good to say about Will Hoskins ("Championship reject" was the phrase used) - and yet having dropped down a division and scored goals, we are all thrilled to have signed him...

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

Got to agree with this. Obviously a confidence player. I always thought he had the skill to be succesful in league 1, and the fact he kept getting goalscoring opportunities supports that. You could see quite obviously though his head wasn't in the right place ( metaphorically, obviously it was still on his shoulders, not growing out of his arse or anything)

Wasn't too surprised when he started banging them in at the cheats, but at the back of his mind there must surely be some worry about his ability to cut it at a higher level..

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Anyone on their high horse about him having "found his level" needs to think about it - we were one of the worst sides in L1 when he was here, he's just been top scorer with the best side in L2 - and we know how that can be a tough division. On a completely non-related note, I know Watford fans who have nothing good to say about Will Hoskins ("Championship reject" was the phrase used) - and yet having dropped down a division and scored goals, we are all thrilled to have signed him...

Nope, sorry but my opinion of him hasn't changed despite thinking about it. Where would we have finished in the table if barndoor had hit the target say 1 in 4 of the sitters he missed?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here