Not Going Mental Over This One?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Nigel 'We Want To Win This League' Atkins does it again... I just can't handle anything this absolute f***ing twit says. In the middle of an arrogant rant about his 'magnificent club'... sigh. It's the way he tells them!

There is something so infuriating... I suppose he will show the deference and respect he so conspicuously lacks once we are unreachable (fingers crossed!) / the end of the season and until then it's all about his pathetic kidology.

It still gets my knickers in SUCH a twist. The man is an unstoppable PRATT.

Gah.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
nope

once we are confirmed as champions he will say how lucky we were to have beaten his side who are simply unbelievable and clearly too good both for this league and for the championship come to that!

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Nigel 'We Want To Win This League' Atkins does it again... I just can't handle anything this absolute f***ing twit says. In the middle of an arrogant rant about his 'magnificent club'... sigh. It's the way he tells them!

There is something so infuriating... I suppose he will show the deference and respect he so conspicuously lacks once we are unreachable (fingers crossed!) / the end of the season and until then it's all about his pathetic kidology.

It still gets my knickers in SUCH a twist. The man is an unstoppable PRATT.

Gah.

As has been said many times before, the guy is a proper c*nt - much like Pardew for that matter. That said, it doesn't surprise me that he's made this comment again and, actually, I think he's right that top spot is not quite done and dusted yet.

Playing with the BBC predictor, were we to lose to them at home and only draw at home to Huddersfield, we might still need a result on the last day of the season to guarantee finishing above them. They have a pretty straight forward run in: with the exception of MK Dons at home and us at Withdean, they don't have to play any of the top teams. I could easily see them getting 25+ points from their last 11 games.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
They'll be lucky to finish second, now that Peterboro seem to have finally stopped haemorrhaging goals. And Huddersfield remain more of a threat. SCC would be lucky to even go up through the play-offs faced with either of those teams. Oh well.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
In fairness, I expect every team in the division wants to win the league. He's not really said much wrong.

He's still a cock though.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
He wants his team to win the league, who doesn't?:shrug:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I really don't think SCC have a chance of catching us now. Our maximum points tally is 107, there's is 97, but if we beat them, it's down to 94. If we get the same, or better results than SCC, by the time they play us, they will not be able to catch us. Sweet as.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
He wants his team to win the league, who doesn't?:shrug:

He is a bell end, but as Cease Ider said "He wants his team to win the league, who doesn't?" What do we expect him to say? Brighton are the best team in the league, they have already won it, and we are scum who will be lucky to win the play off's. Aint gonna happen is it?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Can't blame him for spouting off, he must be under intense pressure down there. If they don't go up then he's history! It is comical listening to him though, just hope we don't implode and make his dreams come true.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Can't blame him for spouting off, he must be under intense pressure down there. If they don't go up then he's history! It is comical listening to him though, just hope we don't implode and make his dreams come true.

This.

I do notice that saints do have some real quality, in bursts. Lord Gus will keep us the best and most quality unit though, I have faith!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
yeah, why doesnt he just turn around and say "the title is brightons, no point in bothering"

mark mcghees attitude to that stoke game when we were already down and he suggested it had no importance went down so well with our fans after all...

Foster House

Aug 25, 2010
East Sussex
He has stated his belief that they can still catch Brighton- which they can. Bearing in mind that they have no guarantees of even a promotion slot, it is only natural that such belief would need to be instilled in his team. It is actually good management, the same kind of management that has afforded him success elsewhere. It is also a kind of belief that Ferguson instilled in Manchester United back in 95/96 when they were so far behind Keegan's Newcastle.....

If Adkins read these threads he would be most pleased at the reaction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports