Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I've generally been a 10 in shoes most of my adult life, but every single one of 13 pairs of Nike running shoes are 10.5 and they're all spot on - Nike seem to size consistently. I don't have the Junipers but do have, or have had, Wildhorse 6, Pegasus Trail 2 and Terra Kiger 6 and 7.

I love the Zoom Fly 3, but they are a bit of a Marmite shoe based on other reviews I've seen/read. They're definitely a shoe designed to put some effort in and not a daily trainer. I wouldn't advise having them as your only pair of road shoes - check out the Pegasus 37 for that - some colourways on offer at a good price.

The Invincible Run seems to have been well received - it's the first time Nike have put a load of ZoomX cushioning into a non-race shoe. I couldn't justify the outlay though, maybe you can.

Slightly cheaper, Nike marketed the Infinity Run as an injury-prevention shoe - the second version if out now >>> React Infinity Run 2. The first iteration is on offer now and is probably the value buy right now >>> React Infinity Run.

Thanks - they had the Pegasus 37 in the Eliud Kipchoge colourway (wouldn't be my first choice but good deal...) in my size (well half size up) - so I'll give them a go. Good price at £73

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thanks - they had the Pegasus 37 in the Eliud Kipchoge colourway (wouldn't be my first choice but good deal...) in my size (well half size up) - so I'll give them a go. Good price at £73

I was very tempted at either the Kipchoge or the Chaz Bear in blue but resisted, but it's a great buy for £73 and should serve you well!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I was very tempted at either the Kipchoge or the Chaz Bear in blue but resisted, but it's a great buy for £73 and should serve you well!

Thanks Bozza. I joined last month but put my “Birthday” in too early and I missed the offer of 25% off.
Now got the LGBT Rainbow 🌈 coloured Air Zoom Pegasus 37 with discount to save the Vaporfly for races.

863259D0-702B-4117-A3E3-24918433770D.jpeg

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
It’s March 31st so time for end of first quarter report...

53 runs
734km/456 miles
12008m/39356ft climbing
0 parkruns, 14 notparkruns

Pretty happy with that, looking forward to getting back into events (or at least training for them) in the next quarter.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thanks Bozza. I joined last month but put my “Birthday” in too early and I missed the offer of 25% off.
Now got the LGBT Rainbow 🌈 coloured Air Zoom Pegasus 37 with discount to save the Vaporfly for races.

View attachment 135477

Nice! I liked the look of them too!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

53 runs
734km/456 miles
12008m/39356ft climbing

Pretty happy with that, looking forward to getting back into events (or at least training for them) in the next quarter.

Good stats. 3 times my distance and 10 times my altitude. I’m still zonked from Monday’s effort. Happy with progress though.

B0877F4B-CE7B-4E7A-85F8-5CE53B83DA8B.jpeg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

53 runs
734km/456 miles
12008m/39356ft climbing

95 runs
760 miles (1,223km)
37,247 feet climbing

My current injury robbed me of 50-60 miles over the last 11 days of March. I was looking to hit my target of 1,000 miles by the end of April with a week or two to spare, but I suspect I'll not make it at all as things stand. Trotting out 4-5 miles a day is about as much as I think I can get away with whilst hoping my knee might improve.

Artie Fufkin

like to run
Mar 30, 2008
out running
Happy to have closed out March with a really solid 386 miles in the month, bringing up 1,038 niggle free miles for the year. Feeling good.

This week is a down week for me to absorb the good work over the last couple of weeks and I have my vaccine jab today so will be taking it easy over the next few days. Just over 6 weeks until the Richmond Marathon, all being well next week will kick off a key 4 week block of volume and more specific workouts before gradually tapering.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
64 runs
456 miles - [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] - that's a bit spooky
23,537ft of elevation

Lost two complete weeks due to illness from New Year's Day, and haven't really been overly focused on anything as no race plans so basically just ticking over at around 40 mpw/5 runs at the moment. Have downgraded 1-1 coaching to a Group setup and might drop that before too long - just giving it a few months to see what I get out of it

On the plus side, have finally booked into a race - will be the first since March last year - 6 hour track event in July at Crawley. Might lob a marathon or two in before then as a warm up though if the opportunity arises.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Rounded up, I’m on 564 miles for the year, so a good start after missing the first week of January due to illness.

March was a new record high in terms of miles 205.6 miles so feel in good form and hoping for a good time at Ardingly Monday.

Good to hear everyone is running well at the moment.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Scores on the doors for Q1 2021

Runs: 93
Distance: 535 miles
Elevation gain: 18,034ft

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Garmin Forerunner 35 is 90 quid on Amazon currently and will do the job perfectly well. I found having a smartwatch did a great job in motivating me to step up a notch (admittedly from a lowly position) so would defintely encourage you to get one.

Thanks. I thought about it for a day, then noticed that the Forerunner 45 had dropped to £115 today so went for that. Thanks for the head up on this line though, much appreciated.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
OK here goes.

Runs - 36

Distance - c. 200k

Gradient - oh come on, this is Worthing

Major achievement - a totally fraudulent wind-powered 80%+ AG

Major disappointment - body permanently on the cusp of fall apart

Ambition - to inspire world peace

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ran 5 miles on the Downs with the dog this morning, completely forgetting that those crazy barefooters I know do their #BareFootCrew5k on Thursdays now, so the lunchtime dog walk became a barefoot 5k instead.

I ran it in 22:41 (7:17/mile pace) with negative splits (7:37 - 7:11 - 7:07 - 6:47) and I do think I could possibly be quicker on this particular route (3 and a bit laps of the Gallops for those that know Findon) barefoot relative to wearing shoes. On the uphill section (*3), I certainly felt like I was up on my toes more naturally than is the case in any of my shoes.

When my knee is better, I might try a (unscientific) test and run it one day barefoot and the next in shoes, trying for my best time on each occasion, and see which method is faster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here