Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Heavy frost my arse US!

marc it is probably less than a quarter of a cm. I have seen thicker frosts. It may be deeper where you are but in Southwick it could be mistaken for a frost. In any case you can talk it up but lets be honest the winter weather event we have been waiting for , for a week, has been a huge let down.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
marc it is probably less than a quarter of a cm. I have seen thicker frosts. It may be deeper where you are but in Southwick it could be mistaken for a frost. In any case you can talk it up but lets be honest the winter weather event we have been waiting for , for a week, has been a huge let down.

The only person I saw bigging up the snow in advance was you...!

19-Nov: snow will be falling by the end of next week. You have been warned

21-Nov: Get your sledges out for next week end campers.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Please US, get off your high horse. If you go around thrwoing absolutes like 'there will be no snow' don't be surprised when people call you on it. If you are an amateur meteorologist you will know that there are no absolutes where the weather is concerned, and every forecast is based upon the most likely outcome.

Up here is Croydon it's pelting down with snow and settling readily, by the way. The snow seems to be evaporating when it hits Burgess Hill, what's so special about that place?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Light dusting here in and around Bristol. Had my combo walk, train and walk journey to work and it was very pleasant indeed. Still falling lightly not too far from Bristol City Centre.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The only person I saw bigging up the snow in advance was you...!

19-Nov: snow will be falling by the end of next week. You have been warned

21-Nov: Get your sledges out for next week end campers.

On facebook Darren.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am just dissapointed its been such a huge let down. Ah well at least it will be warmer by the weekend and I can stop having to use the hot air blower.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Snowing heavily from the potential streamer in Croydon - since I took this (about 1/2 hour ago) it's much deeper now.

5168618_f1f3c5c13f_l.jpeg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
On facebook Darren.

Does that matter?

You were professing to all who listen (or read) that there'd be snow. As someone who doesn't really follow weather forecasts more than a day ahead, I wouldn't have known snow was supposedly en route had it now been for reading your confident assertions.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
:eek: The wind has shifted too much. :down:

Ironic isn't it - we were screaming for an Easterly, and it's gone almost directly from a NNE to ENE wind, meaning we miss out.

If the instability increases I can see a streamer forming from the top of Kent down towards Eastbourne.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Snowing on/off for about half an hour at a time here in Wolverhampton. I would guess there is about 2 inches in places but, credit to the council (they don't get much right), the roadas are all fine.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The roads around where I work (as the photo shows, near East Croydon station) are starting to cover over now. Still snowing heavily.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Papa, do you realise that a combination of snow being the only weather that interests me, and you brilliant knowledge, YOU have become my main (possibly only) source of weather forecasting. The Met Office? Pah, I listen to Papa.

Btw, not being a Brightonian these days, I tend to work on the basis that if Brighton is getting any, I'm bound to on the high grounds of North Kent, but if you could throw in a quick forecast for Meopham, Kent for this week, that would be fab.

Looking very snowy for you in Meopham right now..

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What's it looking like for sunny Worthing then Papa?

Dry at the moment... :( Unless something changes it's going to stay that way as well. the snow is very heavy here, but it's still in a narrow band centered on Croydon :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here