Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Hate this thread , always fills me with fear whenever it makes the front page.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's a bit early. Summer comes back next week anyway.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
My heart jumps a little each time I see this thread being bumped.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
General consensus seems to be that this year will be a colder dryer winter rather than that warm rainy shower of shit we had last year. More chance of snow I think.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
The short answer in my Opinion is yes, Winters are going to be colder than what we've been used to. There has been a "flip" from about 2007 onwards towards Winters that were common place back in the 60's. I wouldn't be surprised to see a winter like 62-63 or 47 in the next 5 to 10 years. Reasons are various as to why but the main one I think is due to how quiet the sun is, as in not very many sunspots. Some scientists think it's going to get even "queiter" like the Maunder/Dalton minimum periods, which coincidentally was when the last mini ice age was!

How wrong was I after what happened last Winter! haha!

I've actually read through this thread (on and off over the last couple of months) from the beginning and it makes fascinating reading!

Reading through everyone's experiences (and photos) from the big snow events has been great and I'm hoping we can add some more snow events this winter to this great thread. The early signs are promising...

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
How wrong was I after what happened last Winter! haha!

I've actually read through this thread (on and off over the last couple of months) from the beginning and it makes fascinating reading!

Reading through everyone's experiences (and photos) from the big snow events has been great and I'm hoping we can add some more snow events this winter to this great thread. The early signs are promising...

The daily express seems to agree with you today! !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here