Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zolpidem ?

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Doc gave me some today coz I can't sleep but watched a few videos on YouTube of people on them & read up a bit about them, they seem f***ing mental !!!
Didn't take any tonight as I bottled it after seeing some of the nutters on YouTube on them, just wondered if any of you have had any experience of them...... They also go by the name of ambien

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Doc gave me some today coz I can't sleep but watched a few videos on YouTube of people on them & read up a bit about them, they seem f***ing mental !!!
Didn't take any tonight as I bottled it after seeing some of the nutters on YouTube on them, just wondered if any of you have had any experience of them...... They also go by the name of ambien

what are they for ........if its not to rude to ask?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Hardcore sleeping pills - many years ago (1997) I was perscribed the strongest dose ones after an accident as I couldn't sleep.

First time I took one I ended up in an ambulence to Sussex County hospital.

It wasn't the 1 pill that did it, aparrantly, once i had taken one I was so out of it, that i took 3 more (without even knowing i did it), the only thing i remembered was taken 1 in the kitchen, sitting at the kitchen table and then next coming round in sussex county with my mum there!! I was found in the street by a neighbour in my dressing gown talking gibberish to myself and they called the ambulence, though i didn't remember a thing. It shit me right up..... i never took them again.

my advice would be to take 1 when you're in bed already, and leave the others well away somewhere safe... just be careful as its very strong shit and you will be out of it.....

whatever you do don't take 4 !

Last edited:

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Think I might give em a miss all together mate as I keep on hearing all these kind of stories.
Even if I'm in bed I've heard that people get up & sleepwalk & or talk but are still aware of their surrounding so you can actually have a convo with someone who thinks your awake but it's not actually your conscious mind as you are asleep (if that makes sense)
Also hallucinations & a few deaths reported where people have fallen from buildings ect.... Only wanted a coupleof Valium or something to help me not be so on edge when my sick son is sleeping but apparently they are too bad because they are addictive.
I'm starting to think my doc don't like me very much lol

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
what are they for ........if its not to rude to ask?
Not rude at all mate as I brought the subject up but yeah just trying to sort my sleep pattern out really as it's been all over the place for 11 years ...... Think I'll perceiver with hot milk haha or maybe a hammer would be safer than these pills

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
smoke a spliff, problem solved :thumbsup:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
aren't they what michael jackson was hooked on and what tiger woods was dabbling with.....closest thing to rohypnol so well handy if you wanna rape someone...:thumbsup:

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
I think you should discuss your worries with your GP, if he/she is unwilling to give straight answers I'd seek a second opinion.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
That shit nearly split up me and my girlfriend.

Although totally addicted to them she was ok if she hadn't had a drink -just basically knocked out. But with even a sniff of alchohol she'd go mental and end up taking loads of them and turn into a nutter. A few times she proper abused me, fell down the stairs and once ended up walking round our estate at 2am in november wearing a nighty and a scarf :lolol: :facepalm:
In the end I said get off them or we're finished and she had to be weaned off them, apparently you can't just stop on the amount she was taking or your body goes into shock.

I've had them a few times when I couldn't sleep after a heavy clubbing session and they do knock you out, but as a first prescription it seems a bit heavy duty to give you them the first time. I've asked the bird for a recommendation and she said if you can get away with nitol it's better than going down the prescription route like she did. If not ask about Zopiclone, you can get a weaker 3.5mg pill which won't get you hooked as easy.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
That shit nearly split up me and my girlfriend.

Although totally addicted to them she was ok if she hadn't had a drink -just basically knocked out. But with even a sniff of alchohol she'd go mental and end up taking loads of them and turn into a nutter. A few times she proper abused me, fell down the stairs and once ended up walking round our estate at 2am in november wearing a nighty and a scarf :lolol: :facepalm:
In the end I said get off them or we're finished and she had to be weaned off them, apparently you can't just stop on the amount she was taking or your body goes into shock.

I've had them a few times when I couldn't sleep after a heavy clubbing session and they do knock you out, but as a first prescription it seems a bit heavy duty to give you them the first time. I've asked the bird for a recommendation and she said if you can get away with nitol it's better than going down the prescription route like she did. If not ask about Zopiclone, you can get a weaker 3.5mg pill which won't get you hooked as easy.
They sound f***ing awful mate, yeah don't think nitol would touch me & I've had zopiclon before Wich are not bad, do give me a rank taste in my mouth but maybe I'll ask to give them a try again, I've got a massive tolerance to things like diazepam so doubt he'll give me anything like that, got another appointment in an hour coz there's no way I'm taking these zolpidem things lol

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
aren't they what michael jackson was hooked on and what tiger woods was dabbling with.....closest thing to rohypnol so well handy if you wanna rape someone...:thumbsup:

Hahaha That's why I'm scared to take em, I've got a big bullmastiff & the last thing I want is to wake up with him hanging out the back of me (Eeeeaargh)

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
They sound f***ing awful mate, yeah don't think nitol would touch me & I've had zopiclon before Wich are not bad, do give me a rank taste in my mouth but maybe I'll ask to give them a try again, I've got a massive tolerance to things like diazepam so doubt he'll give me anything like that, got another appointment in an hour coz there's no way I'm taking these zolpidem things lol

Sounds like her story, kept getting a tolerance to other stuff and ended up on stronger pills each time and eventually addicted to zopidem.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Get youself the Palace 2010/11 season review. Thats sure to send you to sleep.

Other sound advice would be to exercise, always helps tire you out and i always have a good nights sleep after some form of serious exercise

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Doc should probably have prescribed just a few of them, maybe 14 pills and told you to use them maybe for 3 nights and then see how you go without them or use them only once or twice a week. Well that's what mine did. Perfect for when you've had so much lost sleep that you don't know if you are coming or going, but used constantly they are apparently very addictive and work less well as time fgoes on so you end up taking more and more according to some of the horror stories on the internet. They should not be available automatically on repeat prescription I would hope.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
What about temazepam..... lot more stable sleeping pill and no nutty side effects.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Not rude at all mate as I brought the subject up but yeah just trying to sort my sleep pattern out really as it's been all over the place for 11 years ...... Think I'll perceiver with hot milk haha or maybe a hammer would be safer than these pills
you see the time of my post and when it was light about 3.50am I went down stairs and made tea.
I think my insomnia is caused by some of the drugs I take for diabetes(metformin) it is a bugger particularly as there is some much shite on the TV at that time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here