Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Zeppelins and other mighty, powerful obsolete things

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Think that might be JB's member on the first LZ album cover, or is it Swansman's? TottonSeagull seems to be a fan of it...

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
An interesting fact about Zeppelins is that it took 250,000 cows to build one. Cows intestines were used to make the gas bags as they were impervious to hydrogen gas. Unfortunately for the Germans, this resulted in a shortage of bratwursts in WW1.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I noticed to my surprise there's no thread about airships.

View attachment 126175

Sure, they werent very safe etc but holy shit it must have been powerful seeing them!

Post your favorite airship thoughts as well as other obsolete fantastic things that we sadly dont get enjoy these days.

My GGGGrandmother (can't recall exactly how many Gs died in the first zeppelin raid on Yarmouth in 1915. I had thought that she was simply bombed, but it turns out she lived nearby and died as a result of 'cerebral hemmorage occasioned by the fright of the zeppelin attack' which makes it sound as if it was indeed a truly other-worldly experience - a real vision of the future. Suddenly, for the first time ever war was in 3D.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
cc.jpg

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I noticed to my surprise there's no thread about airships.

View attachment 126175

Sure, they werent very safe etc but holy shit it must have been powerful seeing them!

Post your favorite airship thoughts as well as other obsolete fantastic things that we sadly dont get enjoy these days.

I always wondered what happened if the knot came undone? I've seen how mad a balloon goes at Christmas if you don't tie it up an airship must be MENTAL!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I keep toying with the idea of buying a cocktail shaker like this

4A7D7BF1-374B-49D9-A45B-B0BA58EA81F7.jpeg

FDE957E6-4DC7-4A84-86D8-13BEAE518613.jpeg

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
I would say he's obsolete being dead and all

I suppose so, if you want to be a master of the bleeding obvious. However, he remains a hugely influential drummer, and his stellar playing is shown off well in the song wot I posted.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
The enormous Spruce Goose plane only flew once and then abandoned, and is on an island somewhere in the South, Gosport? ( I think!). Wingspan longer than a football pitch, photo anyone?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here