Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Bobby has done well, better than I thought that he would but he is not the answer if we want to be promoted this season.

As a weapon off the bench he is excellent but he cannot play week in week out...

Well, yes. He wasn't signed to be 'the answer'. He was signed for exactly the reason you state in your second sentence. Hughton said it and Bobby himself has said it. With that in mind he has (so far) proven to be an excellent signing.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I'd have signed him for the feelgood factor alone. We bloody needed it at the time.

The goals and the performances are above many people's expectations and the guy clearly loves being back where he made his name and people love him.

Can't see many negatives TBH.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
What does match fit mean, does he have to be able to last 90 minutes? I'd have thought his performance in a match are what counts and his performances have been excellent, suggesting to me he's match fit.

Nothing to do with lasting 90 minutes & I wasn't being critical. Match fitness is sharpness & speed of reaction & I don't believe Bobby's close to 100% on either. He's doing everything on talent & experience right now, which is good but I think if we keep him injury free, with gametime he can get a whole lot better. Which is good news for us

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Yes, I'm a big fan of the Z-man. What he is doing for us is excellent. The only problem if he starts though is if his strike partner gets crocked early then we are a bit jiggered as we really don't want him doing 90 minutes much

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Based on WhoScored records, his stats are: 1 goal every 101.66 minutes 1 assist in 305 minutes.

Lover of Blobby. Looking at the stats is interesting.
Scores Saturday and off in 55 minutes he gets an average of a goal every 90 minutes. Goal every 90 minutes. Time of a match.
Scores Saturday and he has 4 goals in 13 games an average 0.307 goals a game. Goal every 3+ games.
Then there is the importance of the three goals to consider.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here