Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Rusty said:
A few whispers about him coming to us on loan!? Whats everyone heard and what do we think? We have to get some kind of big decent centre half and a Steve Sidwell type player in!!!!
can't see it myself but the longer he is out the hammers team and we are struggling the rumours will continue

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
As Harty pointed out last night, there are two reason why he'll not come to Brighton on loan;

1) We would need to cover his wages as West Ham need to money.

2) The weight of expectation here is too much and probably not a good thing for him.

I REALLY don't think we will see him in a Brighton shirt again. Unless he's looking to finish off his career here.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I could honestly see him coming back. In answer to Harty's points,

1. Any money we could offer towards his wages would help, they have nothing to lose. If they need him back they recall him, and at the moment he is not playing anyway, and they pay 100% of his wages. Even if we can offer 25% it's tempting to a club so close to administration. Look at Leeds when they needed to offload Fowler, they are paying him £20k a week NOW, while he's a Man City player, because any reduction in their wage bill helped. The Fowler deal isn't a one-off.

2. Hey, that's life Bobby. How does he feel he is going to avoid high expectations? At least we'd show huge support and faith in him, which is not soemthing he's getting right now.

Harty also mentioned that he didn't think West Ham would want him scoring goals in the same division as them. I don't understand that at all. Surely we are no threat to them, and they will insert a clause that he cannot play against us. Therefore his goals will only be hurting West Ham's rivals and couldn't possibly hurt them. Where else would he go on loan? He needs to score goals at this level so that he gets the confidence that he can score them back at West Ham.

I say we put in a cheeky offer of:
20% contribution towards wages
3 month loan
Immediate recall
Cannot play vs West Ham.

Worth a go.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Whilst I would love to see it, I don't think it will happen. I think Bob's still counted as being part of the mix at WHU - one of the options. If he were to return here, it would almost be an admission of failure - that he can't make it anywhere else. Maybe, as said earlier, later in his career.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here