Zamora or Barnes

• Barnes

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Zamora

Votes: 22 62.9%

• Total voters

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I don't go to many away matches, so I was very fortunate to be at Zamora's debut v Chester City when we won 7-1 and he scored a hat-trick. I think it may also have been Paul Brooker's debut.

Apart from a memory of laughing ourselves stupid at Chester playing goal music when they scored their goal despite being 6-0 down at home (It was the Wahoo! bit from Blur's 'Song 2'), what is fixed in my mind is that day's realisation that we had found a striker who, when through on goal, you would not hope, but expect to score. However old and crocked he is, he still gives me that expectation.

I liked Barnes, he was a talented and hard-working striker, but if we are going to be in a position where we need a goal, either to make automatics, or to win a play off game, I would pick Zamora over virtually anyone else in this division. It might be heart over head and injuries may mean that he might not have it in him any more, but that was exactly what some said at the beginning of this season before he bagged important goals that have helped give us this chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here